Need Help? Tips? Anything?

Hey. Me and my mom are about to move to Houston, this summer. We are looking for a loft to lease. I know alot of them accept dogs but I have a German Shepherd and some places have insurance against these dogs. Anyone know of lofts who don't have restrictions?

And if you guys have anything else to say about Houston that you would say to people about to move there, please do so.

Thanks!

- Caitlin

Bring a couple things:

A Car

Bring bug repellant

Bring light weight clothing

Bring sunscreen

Do not lock your dog in the car when out (even for 2 mins) it can kill your poor Beautiful Shepard (especially in the summer at a degree inside a car of 110 degrees)

Brush up on Spanish ;) (just kidding)

Do not look at Houston maps they will only confuse you. We go by the:

Turn right on Westheimer (or anywhere to get to Westheimer and Richmond) and you should be okay.

We name our highways 3 different names

maybe some else can give you helpful advice :)

btw for a loft what price range would you like? and the local areas like malls, shopping centers, etc...

Im curious what is bringing ya to H-Town?

We are coming from Gulf Shores, AL which was recently devastated by a hurricane, but the main reason we are moving is b/c we miss being in a city and there are alot more job opportunities. And we have a family member in Houston also. He's my Mom's cousin, Christopher Fox.. He owns a interior design type thing in Houston.

When it comes to price ranges of lofts, we are not sure yet. We might even be interested in buying one. We are in the process of selling some stuff we have that is worth ALOT but aren't sure how much of it will sell. So I'll get back to you guys on that one. As in where we want to live.. Downtown? In the Theater District maybe. Near the Galleria.. I'm not sure, but since you guys live there, you probably know whats best.. I've looked at alot of lofts on this webpage: www.houstonlofts.com And I was interested in alot of them.

Anyways, thanks!

- Caitlin

the buildings are pretty and shiny on sunny days at sundown :-D

the parks are beautiful out here

its true we DO have southern hospitality

(btw, seattle I was kidding with our newbie) :)

Kolaches are a food you will or will not get to love! I personally love em'! :)

Alot of international things down here (which I also love)

um...let's see...

Guest danax

Congratulations Caitlin on your good choice of relocation spots. I would recommend renting somewhere that you can afford then live here for awhile and you'll figure out where you will want to live.

German Shepherd in a loft? Good luck.

the buildings are pretty and shiny on sunny days at sundown :-D

the parks are beautiful out here

its true we DO have southern hospitality

(btw, seattle I was kidding with our newbie) :)

Kolaches are a food you will or will not get to love! I personally love em'! :)

Alot of international things down here (which I also love)

um...let's see...

No problem BayouCityGirl! I am a newbie myself and I know that, before I moved, I was quite nervous and only wanted to hear good things. The bad things (and of course every town has a few bad things) can easily freak out the newbies. So I'd let them come because I know once they are here, this town is going to grow on them :D

No offense to Newbies but I lived here long enough I'm bored with the city and I want to just leave SO BAD! I grew up here but I tell you...you missed a better time in Houston in the 80's when we had better Amusement parks (then Astroworld) -Astroworld is an eyesore!

Its kinda hard to give suggestions to someone when we don't know where she's coming from to help her.

No offense to Newbies but I lived here long enough I'm bored with the city and I want to just leave SO BAD! I grew up here but I tell you...you missed a better time in Houston in the 80's when we had better Amusement parks (then Astroworld) -Astroworld is an eyesore!

Its kinda hard to give suggestions to someone when we don't know where she's coming from to help her.

I went to Astroworld three years ago and had a kick butt time. I thought the rides were awesome and the crowds were bearable. Everyone seems to hate Astroworld so much and I do not understand why. I guess I need to check out other Six Flags because if I love Astroworld I might really love the others.

^i agree, but i've also been gone for a while. they really haven't put much effort into upgrading or building new rides, but if you don't go that often i think it's great.

i for one love serial thriller, and also how your ticket gets you into waterworld for free.