New Restuarant in Old Bennigan's @ Fry & I10

My wife said she saw a sign in front of the old Bennigan's at I10 and Fry for a 59 Diner. Has anyone else heard about this? It would be nice to have a small local chain in Katy verses one of the national chains.

It is going to be a 59 Diner...Better for something to go in there rather than it just sitting there with nothing in it....

I stopped going to 59 Diner (original Phil's location) because the food and service weren't worth it anymore..

You, me and everyone else I know, it seems. But, a 59 Diner in Katy sounds a heck of a lot better than Bennigans. Shudder, I can't even say the name without thinking of the batter-coated, deep fried turkey sammich covered in powederd sugar. Gah!

Now if only the Kirby/50 location showed some signs of activity......

You, me and everyone else I know, it seems. But, a 59 Diner in Katy sounds a heck of a lot better than Bennigans. Shudder, I can't even say the name without thinking of the batter-coated, deep fried turkey sammich covered in powederd sugar. Gah!

Do not disrespect the Monte Cristo.

59 diner has great shakes! Are there any other locations besides the one on the Katy Freeway around Gessner? I agree - it is better to have something in the spot instead of it wasting away.

Yes, there is the original location, at 59 and Shepherd. Then there's one in Willowbrook and I believe various others.