Kety Development?

Gary

I was hoping someone might shed some light on a 100 acre lake being excavated in Katy. It supposedly is being designed by the same company that did the Woodlands riverwalk.

Don't know if this is true or not, heard it from a neighbor in Cinco Ranch.

I was just past there this weekend.  It's sort of built into a new development, and there are indeed bridges crossing the lake.  It'll look better once the landscape is green instead of dirt.

Where exactly is it? I live in Cimmeron which is at Kingsland and Peek.

I think what you went by was Lakes of Bridgewater and not Bridgelands. Bridgelands hasn't broken on new houses yet  and it is supposed to be North of Clay Rd and to the West of Fry.

Yeah that's got to be right. Morton is on the outskirts of Richmond. Still wondering, does anyone know where this 100 acre lake is?

• 4 months later...

^^

That development is just south of US 290 on Fry Road. The planning is already underway by another firm I know in town. A massive drainage study is being performed on the upper end of Langham Creek the will recommend regional detention to handle new development and eliminate floodplain (contained within channel and detention banks).

The development seems impressive.

Get on I-10, exit at Katy (Hwy 90).  Turn right (north) at the light on Avenue D, and Morton is about a half mile up.  The development I was talking about is on the left maybe another half mile.

I beleive what you were talking about is the lake that the city of Katy is building for their flood plan. There will be some develpment around it but I haven't heard of anything on a grand scale. I'm under the impression that the city or county is to put a park in as well (not the Pope John Paul Park, but a different one). The Bridgelands that everyone is talking about is much further north in Cypress or Hockley. Only a small part of it will be in Katy ISD, most of it will be in Cy-Fair ISD.

I beleive what you were talking about is the lake that the city of Katy is building for their flood plan.  There will be some develpment around it but I haven't heard of anything on a grand scale.  I'm under the impression that the city or county is to put a park in as well (not the Pope John Paul Park, but a different one).  The Bridgelands that everyone is talking about is much further north in Cypress or Hockley.  Only a small part of it will be in Katy ISD, most of it will be in Cy-Fair ISD.

There is a fairly new subdivision called the Lakes of Katy on the west side of Pitts Rd. at Morton and the City of Katy detention pond is across the street on the other side of Pitts.

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Kety Development?

Archived