what I have been up to

I used liquid nails and a small finish nailer at the bottom to secure it, with 2 people only glue is needed...once the panel is on the wall you can move it around a little, then really press and it holds. These are 1/4 furniture grade panels. They can be used for anything.

$?

flipper

Did you glue the panels directly onto the gypsum? I have seen wood paneling done this way up north with cheaper materials (~2'x4' horizontally arranged MDF panels gridded 1/4" apart, with the gyp painted black in the interstitial for a garage interior by Max Levy AIA). How did/do plan to detail the base of the panels w/r/t the floor material?

Let us know how the room acoustics turn out when you finish.

Nice home.

I glued the wood over the sheet rock...at the bottom I will take 5in strips and use as a baseboard...the rest of the house uses the same style, 1/4in plywood baseboards. at the top, I dont really need anything, but I may put a small moulding (screen divider) at the top and on the sides. As for acoustics, it doesnt really matter, as long as it looks good.

I butted the panels together..no need for a divider, although I wanted to use an aluminum T-strip...like the plastic ones you see in offices, but aluminum. The sides are straight enough that they join with no gaps.

all panels are up..doesnt look like I will need top or corner trim...will put baseboard made from same wood. This looks rediculously good. I am super happy with the results...once the rain stops I can cut the other boards..but here it is for now.

well the pictures are coming up, so you will have to take my word for it.

all panels are up..doesnt look like I will need top or corner trim...will put baseboard made from same wood. This looks rediculously good. I am super happy with the results...once the rain stops I can cut the other boards..but here it is for now.

well the pictures are coming up, so you will have to take my word for it.

boo!!! Just attach them to the post!

flipper

• 3 months later...

To the lower left of the reply window you can attach photos by using the upload tool . You can also go somewhere like tinypic.com - upload a photo, copy the link it gives you, and paste it after clicking this button:

rte-image-button.png

• 7 months later...

Archived