Trying to find this retro bookcase

cla

Those are very cool, I love them. I have seen many variations of this from the usual places (West Elm, Crate and Barrel, BoConcept, Room and Board, 2Modern), but nothing exactly like these. I have two suggestions:

(1) post your question in the "good questions" section of Apartment Therapy. They helped me find chairs I had seen in a magazine ad :).

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/categor.../good-questions

(2) depending on your budget, have them custom-made. I used a guy in Clear Lake to build a fantastic walnut media cabinet a couple of years ago. The price was less than what I would have paid at Crate and Barrel, Room and Board, etc., but it was totally to my specifications, and will last a lifetime.

Does anyone know where I can find this bookcase? It appears to be wall mounted. I found something similar on the internet, but not nearly as attractive as this.

West Elm in Highland Village has them. They are stackable. Theirs are stand alone but no reason you couldn't put them against the wall.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know where I can find this bookcase? It appears to be wall mounted. I found something similar on the internet, but not nearly as attractive as this.

Seems some people gave you the correct answer, they can be found at IKEA. I have them in my home they look awesome and were fairly easy to put together and attach to the walls. I got some of mine in mid December then went back for more this weekend, they only came in two colors dark brown/black or white. Hope you find yours!

So where is West Elm? I wouldn't mind checking it out, maybe they cost less than what I paid at IKEA and I need a couple more.

Likely to cost more, FYI. West Elm has some really chic stuff but it can be spendy.

For a long time, people in Houston had to resort to the catalog, but West Elm now has a location in Highland Village, 3910 Westheimer.

Those are very cool, I love them. I have seen many variations of this from the usual places (West Elm, Crate and Barrel, BoConcept, Room and Board, 2Modern), but nothing exactly like these. I have two suggestions:

(1) post your question in the "good questions" section of Apartment Therapy. They helped me find chairs I had seen in a magazine ad :) .

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/categor.../good-questions

(2) depending on your budget, have them custom-made. I used a guy in Clear Lake to build a fantastic walnut media cabinet a couple of years ago. The price was less than what I would have paid at Crate and Barrel, Room and Board, etc., but it was totally to my specifications, and will last a lifetime.

I am certainly not opposed to custom-made - I figured that would be an option if I couldn't find them.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived