Good Movies/documentaries On Architecture

Lowbrow

What do you suggest?

I just watched the movie "My Architect" about Louis Kahn. I liked it alot. Next time I'm in La Jolla I'm gonna have to go check out that Biology Lab there. Beautiful. It's been years since I saw the Kimble as well.

I currently have "I.M. Pei" in my netflix queue.

I've always focused on residential architects but I find these large scale projects fascinating.

Watched the FLW movie the other night and loved it. What a fascinating man. I never knew how self-absorbed he was. Most of the other info was like a refresher of books I had read in school.

I love how all these movies have Philip Johnson commenting on them. Did he ever leave his little glass house?

Guest Professional Hornblower
It's fiction, but the only other architect movie I can think of is "The Fountainhead" with Gary Cooper I think.

the "modern marvels" series (i'm not sure if they originated with PBS or The Learning Channel) covers many large construction projects. the information is interesting and the architects are interviewed for the projects as well. i especially enjoyed the one on kansai airport by renzo piano.

Guest Professional Hornblower

Have you read the book, subdude? I'm talking about the book, not the movie. It's a pretty short book. I read it during lunch one day.

• 2 weeks later...