A Houston Metro bus used in a scene in the 1st season of "24"

JLWM8609

It may have been the first episode, I'm not sure. I believe the episode was taking place in LA, where of course they call their buses Metro too. A Metro bus with an ad on the side pulls up in one scene, except it's a Houston Metro bus, an articulated model too at that if I recall correctly. Anyone else remember that?

I don't watch 24, but aside from the name Houston and LA Metro buses have little visually in common, so if you think it's a Houston Metro bus, you're probably right.

LA Metro buses:

detail_photogallery_f16.jpg

Houston Metro buses:

nl_family1.jpg

(BTW: Does anyone know why the buses above [and maybe others] have been given to Carnegie Melon University in Pittsburgh?)

According to the site, the buses are used for Automated Highway System testing. They are now actually, "robot" buses now.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/Web/Groups/ahs/

Funny that they have to use Houston buses for that. I've been on buses in Pittsburgh, and they're old and rickety enough that the robot would probably rather walk.

Funny that they have to use Houston buses for that. I've been on buses in Pittsburgh, and they're old and rickety enough that the robot would probably rather walk.

You know, this particular project dates from 1997. Metro started taking delivery of those particular model buses in 1996, so maybe Metro or New Flyer loaned those then brand new buses and these pics are 11 years old, and the buses are now in service in Houston again. Note the extra shiny rims?

It may have been the first episode, I'm not sure. I believe the episode was taking place in LA, where of course they call their buses Metro too. A Metro bus with an ad on the side pulls up in one scene, except it's a Houston Metro bus, an articulated model too at that if I recall correctly. Anyone else remember that?

Asketh, and ye shall receiveth.

Day 1.. approximately 12:08 am

gallery_1072_87_192108.jpg

Archived