Oakland/East Bay weather vs. Seattle

Guest jek.don

Guest jek.don

Today's weather in Seattle is amazing! Can anyone currently living in Seattle give me an idea as to how often these type days (few or no clouds, nice blue sky, moderate temps), occur in the East Bay part of the San Francisco metro area?

I am considering a move to that area because of a job opportunity in San Francisco. My other half and I have come to the conclusion that we are most likely to own a home in that area if it is in the Berkeley or Oakland area (generally). Without turning this discussion into one of real estate, and realizing that where I may be working in San Francisco has a sort of unique weather situation of its own, what is East Bay weather like? Are there more clear days throughout the year as compared to Seattle? How are the temps, pretty moderate like Seattle from what I can see? Are there weeks of seemingly unbreakable clouds like there are here in the winter (lately spring, summer and fall too).

I don't need this type of weather everyday, heck, I grew up in New Jersey with cold and depressing winters. I do miss the fact that even in New Jersey during the winter there were days with some sun. I'm hoping the East Bay area may give me some of that back. I have had difficulty adjusting to the cloudy Seattle weather, even after four years of being here.

One last unrelated question, how green and lush is the East Bay area? I'm into landscaping, nice gardens and lush greenery. Am I going to be giving this up? It's been a few years since I've visited and I can't remember too well.

Thanks!

I was just in the Bay Area this summer. Oakland has really nice weather, along with Hayward, you kind of need a light jacket. But go in to San Fransisco and its really cold. It was the middle of summer and felt like a Houston winter. That Pacific water is cold, unlike the gulf. I actually liked the Bay Area, but all of my people out there want to move to Texas.

I still know several salespersons/customers I used to work with that are over in Fremont. Used to visit all the time. I will never forget how neat that fog looks creeping in over the hills in the afternoons into the night then creeps back out. Pictures anyone? :)

I also recall freezing at Candlestick Park for a ball game in mid July! It was sweltering here in Houston but that was the only time I ever had to drink hot coffee to stay warm at a ball game.

Sure miss the Bay Area. Time to revisit!

The person who started this thread has no idea what the weather is like on the west coast because he is a spammer in India. His account has been deleted.

You mean this twit had nothing better to do but tap into Haif? Are people really that lonely? For Pete's sake! <_<

Guess on a bright note brought back pleasant Bay Area memories.

You mean this twit had nothing better to do but tap into Haif? Are people really that lonely? For Pete's sake! <_<

Guess on a bright note brought back pleasant Bay Area memories.

What they do is clip bits of conversation from other message boards since they can't pass for being English speakers. They try to build up a couple of posts under the radar and then once they think nobody will notice they put spam links in their signatures for Google to pick up.

Archived