Today, Houston Lost A Wonderful Television Icon

PapillionWyngs

For those of you who remember Don Mahoney and Jeanna Clare, I received the following message in my inbox this morning:

I wanted to send you this message and let you know that i just received a phone call from my mom saying that Jeanna Clare passed away this morning. As one of their many fans i know you would have wanted to know. Keep our family in your prayers.

I am withholding the name of the family member for privacy, but please keep them in your prayers.

There is an angel with a beautiful voice in heaven today, standing right next to Don Mahoney.

They touched so many lives.

Do you happen to know if services were private? I didn't see an obituary in the Chronicle last week (and I do realize that any obit would probably be listed under her real name).

We regularly walk our dog near the building I believe she was living in as recently as a year or two ago, and every time we'd pass by I'd think of her and Mr. Mahoney. RIP.

Do you happen to know if services were private? I didn't see an obituary in the Chronicle last week (and I do realize that any obit would probably be listed under her real name).

We regularly walk our dog near the building I believe she was living in as recently as a year or two ago, and every time we'd pass by I'd think of her and Mr. Mahoney. RIP.

I asked the person who notified me to please let me know if there were public services. So apparently, there weren't. I absolutely loved them both. Don Mahoney "discovered" me when I was 18 months old.

Sorry for being so out of the loop but who was she?

Well, before she was on Don Mahoney and the Kiddie Troopers, she was in many movies. She was a Houston icon, along with Don Mahoney. They had an "amature hour" of sorts for children and teenagers for ages on Houston and Beaumont TV.

Archived