So Long, Linens-N-Things

At first, it was only the Post Oak and West Oaks Mall locations.

But as of last week, all of the Linens-N-Things locations around town are closing. In fact, all Linens-N-Things nationwide are closing. Another one bites the dust... :(

ETA: it would help if I included a link, huh?

Linens-N-Things No More

Edited by sheeats

The Linens-n-Things by me closed for good a couple of months ago. I went there on the last day of the going out of business sale and got $800 worth of sheets and a blanket for $40. It took a while to find a complete set, but it was worth it since I had my old sheets since my bachelor days.

Never understood what the difference between L&T and Bed Bath & Beyond was/is. Both have the same layout and essentially sell the same overpriced stuff. Office Depot/Office Max/Staples are the same way.

Yep. Until last month there were two OfficeMaxes, a Staples, an Office Depot, and a local office supply joint all within three blocks of one another near me. I always went to the one that provided the best customer service (Office Depot). Both OfficeMaxes closed last month.

Never understood what the difference between L&T and Bed Bath & Beyond was/is. Both have the same layout and essentially sell the same overpriced stuff. Office Depot/Office Max/Staples are the same way.

Ah, see in an LNT, the store layout began by directing you through bedding and bath, while at BBB, you began in the picture frames and kitchen accessories section and worked your way towards the bedding... :rolleyes:

Yeah, there's no difference between them, really. It was just a matter of time. I slightly preferred LNT over BBB, though, just because the employees were a lot nicer at LNT and the store always seemed cleaner. But the only time I ever shopped at either one, truth be told, was when I got one of those 20% off coupons in the mail...

Edited by sheeats

I never understood the appeal of LNT or BBB, other than maybe as an alternative to people who shop at department stores. Basic housewares can be had cheaper from Target or Marshall's. And for specialty cookware items, I'd go someplace else anyway. Last time I took my 20% coupon in search of an item, I ended up gettting it at Sur la table for a better price than the coupon discount at LNT. Crazy.

Ah, see in an LNT, the store layout began by directing you through bedding and bath, while at BBB, you began in the picture frames and kitchen accessories section and worked your way towards the bedding... :rolleyes:

Yeah, there's no difference between them, really. It was just a matter of time. I slightly preferred LNT over BBB, though, just because the employees were a lot nicer at LNT and the store always seemed cleaner. But the only time I ever shopped at either one, truth be told, was when I got one of those 20% off coupons in the mail...

I shopped at one with a 20% off coupon and a gift card my sister gave me for Christmas. It was the only way to get a price down to something I was willing to pay.

I buy most non-perishable items from internet sources and really only needed to visit stores for tactile or other sensory information. This has been a competitive problem for store fronts for more than a decade.

Fashion however will still benefit from pedestrian activity, as it seems to be more than just "shopping".

LNT was just not fashionable enough to stay competitive with their price/product.

But what do I know, I don't shop around ^_^