Townhomes On Sydney St.

Have him join Haif or at least tap in on ocassion to get to know some of the long time residents. I find that most newcomers to the area woud love to know some background of the vicinity and especially where not to hang around.

I personally would appreciate the same courtesy and advice if I were to relcoate any where in the world. Once in a blue moon I run into couples that have just moved in and they love to chit chat of the area and its history. Its also a great way to get to know your neighbors for all practicle purposes.

PS, its Sidney street if I'm not mistaken and that sounds more like Eastwood area. :D

Welcome new neighbor!

I think so...he will close at 164k...but did know that the townhome next to him (same sq foot, interior etc...) now there are selling it for 144k.

ouch. there are so many of the not sold units that look bad post ike. there's some on the east side of midtown that they are still trying to get full price for yet have been damaged. similarly there are some near dowling and congress that appear to be left to rot even though a few had been sold. it'll probably get a worse before it gets better.

My cousin just bought a new townhome on Sydney...what are your opinions on this area?

Welcome to the East End!

The area is slowly but surely getting better...real estate investors and TIRZ is helping revitalize near and around the area. Gentrification continues. There's crime, but residents must do more to help reduce the rate. I have noticed more police presence in my area and that's a good thing. I see a positive effort to improve the infrastructure and reinvest in the surrounding area.

• The title was changed to Townhomes On Sydney St.

Archived