Best School Districts

Which is the best school district?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best school district?

• Spring Branch
    • Klein
    • Katy
    • Cy-Fair
    • Deer Park
    • Fort Bend
    • Houston

Well, i am partial, but i know for a fact that cy-fair is a very good school district and its growing very fast...pretty much every school district to the north of houston is good...i dont know much about the other school districts(inner city or south) sorry

Ranking school districts is somewhat hard to do. All of them have good and bad schools; some suburban districts may do better overall because they have fewer "bad" schools, but there are some inner-city schools in Houston that are truly outstanding -- in some areas better than some top-ranked surburban schools. I think it's not just a factor of the district overall, but the actual school within that district your child is attending that really counts.

Ranking school districts is somewhat hard to do. All of them have good and bad schools; some suburban districts may do better overall because they have fewer "bad" schools, but there are some inner-city schools in Houston that are truly outstanding -- in some areas better than some top-ranked surburban schools. I think it's not just a factor of the district overall, but the actual school within that district your child is attending that really counts.

Then could you rank Cy-Fair, Cy-ridge, Stratford, Memorial, Spring Woods, Katy, Taylor, Mayde Creek, and Cinco Ranch high schools from best to worst.

Thanks

Well...if you are wondering about the cy fair district...i would definitely say that cy fair is probably the best high school in the district...cy springs and cy falls are also very nice (all schools in the district are very decent so no disrespect there)...cy ridge is brand new but its not quite on the level of the other schools in the district...cy fair also has a lot of tradition since it is 63 years old...it has a small college atmosphere

One of major selling points for my buying a home in Northampton was that all three schools (Northampton Elementary, Hildebrandt Intermediate and Klein Oak High School) are all clustered together at the front of the neighborhood and they are all very good schools, academically-speaking. Klein Oak High School was also awarded the status of an International Baccalaureate Programme school last year, and is the only school in the northern area of the Greater Houston area to have that, which is also a consideration for some people. If you are looking at homes in neighborhoods and you have children, consider their commutes as well. Another area within the Klein district also has three schools grouped together; Kreinhop Elementary, Schindewolf Intermediate and Klein Collins High School. These are all brand-new schools and surrounded by neighborhoods. One other nice thing about Northampton is the lots are typically 70' by 110', and have a lot of trees. The neighborhood, which is around 30 years old by now, also has a Constable substation and Volunteer Fire Station located within the neighborhood. Good luck in your house search and I hope you end up as happy with your choice! :)

I am not arguing with you, but what inner city schools are you thinking are outstanding. I have some freinds who have their kids in Poe Elementary and they are very happy.