What PDA or Smartphone should I choose?

The AT&T plan for the current iPhone is about $70 for voice and data. That's about $10 more than with the old iPhone. I guess it's because AT&T expects you to use more data since you'll be on the HSPA network instead of EDGE/GPRS. But text messages are no longer included in the voice plan. They run from $5/month for 200 messages to $20/month for unlimited.

I'm not much of a text message person. I figure if I have e-mail, that's good enough. I'd rather save the $5/month.

While I love Apple, I have resisted the iPhone. My sister has the all-inclusive mobile plan and she pays $150/month for it. That is just outrageous unless you need it for business or something.

While I love Apple, I have resisted the iPhone. My sister has the all-inclusive mobile plan and she pays $150/month for it. That is just outrageous unless you need it for business or something.

Wow! I didn't even know you could put together an iPhone plan at $150.

Unlimited voice: $99

Unlimited data: $30

Unlimited text: $20

Roadside assistance: $3

Parental controls: $5

---------------------------

Total: $157/month

I guess you can. I know a couple of people who have unlimited voice time of their phones. I don't think I would ever use this. Last month I used 4 voice minutes. I'm almost at the end of my billing cycle for this month and I haven't used any. If my wife would let me, I'd pretend to be deaf so I could get the iPhone with just the data plan, since that's all I use.

Wow! I didn't even know you could put together an iPhone plan at $150.

Unlimited voice: $99

Unlimited data: $30

Unlimited text: $20

Roadside assistance: $3

Parental controls: $5

---------------------------

Total: $157/month

I guess you can. I know a couple of people who have unlimited voice time of their phones. I don't think I would ever use this. Last month I used 4 voice minutes. I'm almost at the end of my billing cycle for this month and I haven't used any. If my wife would let me, I'd pretend to be deaf so I could get the iPhone with just the data plan, since that's all I use.

I'd get an iPhone (and ditch my touch) if I could get it without the voice, but with data (as well).

Archived