Harris County Criminal Justice Center At 1201 Franklin St.

Hunter

I am currently in gagged in an active search for historical documents and pictures related to Harris county. If you have any or know of anyone that might have any I would greatly appreciate it.

Or if you wish you can contact the head Harris County Archivists at the below address. She is a real nice lady and is easy to talk to. And if you ever get a chance to visit her she has a wonderful view of Houston from her office space which almost takes up a whole floor.

Sarah Jackson, CA

Harris County Archives

Criminal Justice Center

1201 Franklin, 12th Floor

Houston, Texas 77002

sarah_jackson@fpm.co.harris.tx.us

713-368-7640 (phone)

713-368-7641 (fax)

Thanks everyone for your asistance!

• Like 1

Hunter, there are two wonderful places for you--the archives at University of Houston and Rice University. They are veritable treasure troves of photos, original documents, etc...I was in UH's about 6 years ago and thought it was the coolest thing ever!!

Oh she already knows about those places and has people working on them. She is looking for somemore personnal stuff. EXP: Object that have been squirrled away in attic's, storage buildings and L-O-R-D forbid, Basements.

Pictures, documents, personnal letters. Mainly pictures. Not a lot of them have survived from the early days of Harris Counties history. If you email her she can give you a better list of what she is looking for!

• The title was changed to Harris County Criminal Justice Center At 1201 Franklin St.