HAIF PotD: Anticipation

editor

2814059147_5afb4187e2.jpg
Boardwalk Bullet Kemah, Texas, originally uploaded by fmulder21.
For me, the scariest part of a roller coaster isn't the plunging toward the Earth -- it's the anticipation that builds during that first, fateful climb.

fmulder was brave enough to snap this pic on Kemah's Boardwalk Bullet

Amateur or professional, all are welcome to join the HAIF Flickr photo group.

I second that. Saw on one of the local television stations coverage yesterday that the roller coaster is still standing, surprised me. The Kemah Boardwalk area sustained quite a bit of damage, though. Typical, with hurricane force winds, it sits right there on the bay. Very vulnerable. Wonder what condition the Jim West mansion & other older historical bay homes are in? Galveston sure was hit hard. Could have been a lot worse, though. Wonder what they did with the Alissa :unsure: . Hope all you HAIFers are ok... :huh:

Saw the Elissa on tv, is still there, it rode out the storm, looked ok. Poor Boliver was wiped out. Heard that the Balinese Room survived Hurricane Carla, nothing left now. Had read in recent yrs. that the Balinese Room was in an unstable condition, had leaks. Hated to see that and the Murdocks & Mermaid Souvenior Shops I grew up with are gone.

Archived