Farm At Highway 6 At W. Little York Rd.

Alex

The Old house on 1960 @ West Little York Rd.

This is THE largest private residence in all of the area. A single family house with almost 9,000 sq ft. (8,989 Sq.Ft) with a tract of land of over 2,829,222 Sq. Ft. plus a 80+ acre tract of land adjacent to it.

I actually had my camera that same weekend, and on Saturday (3/19), ventured INTO the property to take as many pictures as possible. BEAUTIFUL huge house, constructed in 1940, HUGE: 8,989 sq. ft. house, two stories, 6 bedrooms, 6 full baths, 2 half baths, 3 rec. rooms, 3 fireplaces, Gunite pool. A very interesting place. mounted on some sort of platform (flood risk, since it sits just feet from the river), the house seemed to be without electricity, but a generator was running. It seems to be in use, with hanging planters and flower pots on all the fabulous porch area (over 100 ft. long !!!). The house has a "Plantation" type look.

You can see dim lights at night if you drive thru West Little York. Great trees all around. Lots of old trees, but you know that could be gone anytime now in favor of some sort of shopping center. (sounds familiar? Remember the VERY old Oak on the corner of Clay and Highway 6? GONE...now in it's place, a "Darke Tan sign"

As soon as I have those pictures available will try and post.

Current owners of the whole 80+acres are listed per HCAD (Appraisal district) records as: "Blue Sky Ly properties, LLC", but no mention of actual owners even in "ownership history" section. I am very interested in knowing the history behind such farm house. It was the center of a large cattle ranch/farm operation that covered the whole area from FM 529 road, south to West Little York Rd. and as far back as Barker Cypress Rd. Quite a large property.

It is not that "old" or historical(built 1940), but its looks and size give it an air of old-time style. We can only imagine the lifestyle then and there.

To bad "progess" is taking over such places.

I hate break the news to you. Blue Sky is one of my company's clients. I think this groups is planning on turning it into a new subdivision. Sorry.

There are flooding issues with the tract which made the existing owners sell it off. The land even with flooding issues still is worth a nice amount.

The entrance to the property is on Highway 6, going north/south, jut before the traffic light at W.Little York. (bring a pickup of 4x4

Yes. Blue sky props will turn it into subdivision for sure, but they have been the owners for over a decade now. Speculating?

Whoever owned the original tract, such large ranch, made a mint a long time ago by selling parts of the place. Think of it. Among other things, there's a wal-mart, a Target and a hundred other stores/properties in what used to be the north edge of the property on FM 529.

Someone knows the old name of the property? Langham Ranch? ... Need history here. Can someone provide some? Would like to know more about the place.

I know blue sky in moving a lot of dirt in the area, probably in the back of the track to build it out of the floodplain. I think they are not ready to move forward now. They seem really ready to move forward.

• 2 months later...
The entrance to the property is on Highway 6, going north/south, jut before the traffic light at W.Little York. (bring a pickup of 4x4

Yes. Blue sky props will turn it into subdivision for sure,

Subdivision? In the strict sense of the word, yes.

But don't look for single family homes there.

What do you know about the proposal for the land?

We were just doing some feasibility for them. I haven't talked to our Land Development engineers about this project in a while.

• 8 years later...

My husband and I live in a subdivision near this house, and on a walk that got way longer than expected, we ended up cruising right by it. A minivan was out front. The second upstairs window from the left has a window-unit AC in it; there's also a window behind the chimney with one. This is the best picture I've found so far. That's Langham Creek on the left, and it's way low right now, unlike the picture.

68048362.jpg

• The title was changed to Farm At Highway 6 At W. Little York Rd.

Archived