Concrete Plant Is Gone

t0ddlg

I live in Williamsburg Colony and its going to be weird seeing a tollway where there are now fields.

One of my best friends in high school lived there. (In the dark days of the early-mid 80s.) For the longest time it was the only neighborhood north of i-10 on mason rd.

cool.

From what I have heard, is that as soon as construction is complete on I-10....the same company will be mobilizing their equipment to begin construction on the GP from Franz to 290....

That is correct. They will start late October-Early November and it will be the William Brother's Company. It will extend all the way to 290, yes it might be "weird" because all that their is, is fields, but then again, Katy in some parts was "Fields" 5 years ago... :ph34r:

Five years ago there were A LOT of places in Katy that were fields that are fully developed today. So does this construction from Franz to 290 also include continuing the mainlane portion of the GP from just South of I-10 all the way up to Franz road? I know that the I-10 part over the GP feeder was constructed to incorporate the GP mainlanes to fly over it. I hope so...this would really help out with traffic at that intersection now - and a GP northbound to I-10 EB flyover bridge would be nice too.

Has anyone noticed when traveling east bound on the I-10 feeder that there are sections of the "permant" barricade on the EB mainlanes that are not there and only temporary ones are there? It is almost as if they planned for future flyover ramps or future on-ramps to the freeway.

Direct connectors are definately part of the future plan. Take a look at the section of I-10 @ the Grand Parkway on the current expansion.

I-10 @ GP (large PDF file)

You can also see them on the Grand Parkway site discussion Section E

Page 1 of 4 - Section E Grand Pkwy

Crap... time to move West again. Last I heard, TxDOT and the US DOT where bickering over who gets to pay for the connectors. I'm guessing this got resolved?

• The title was changed to Concrete Plant Is Gone

Archived