Spring Creek Barbecue

NeveroddoreveN

A new Spring Creek Barbecue is scheduled to go in on 2920, west of kuykendahl. Just wondering how good the food is there. We need more restaurants in this area and I'm hoping it's a good one. There's also a future Taco Cabana sign next to it, but on NewQuest's website they show the TC going in front of the new Lowe's in the same strip Little Caeser's is in.

My wife grew up in Arlington, TX (around where they started, I think) and when we found that they had expanded to Houston, we made a trek (we live off of Allen Parkway and went to the one at W. Little York & Hwy 6). It was worth it! When we were at Rice, we loved Goode Co. but as soon as we tried Otto's, Goode Co. didn't seem worth the extra $$. We still go to Otto's if we don't have the two hours needed to drive and eat, but if we have the time, we pilgrimage! Between the rolls and the sauce and the ribs and the all you can pile on veggies, Spring Creek is everything we want in a BBQ place (and not too expensive...) The downside is that it is a chain (-ish, family owned and only in TX, I think) and they all look alike. However, we're not picky about the surroundings if the food is good. And it is.

• 10 months later...

I've been to both the 1960 near Stuebner Airline location and the 290 at Spring Cypress location. I don't have a problem with a restaurant being a chain if the food is good.

They opened one up in Pearland a couple of months ago. It has reasonable prices (when you factor in the free bread). It has a good family atmosphere. There is even a private room for large parties to rent. The food is decent, too.

When yours opens you should try it - at least once.

Archived