Dallas Tops Crime Rate Again

Casual, that is absolutely untrue. Even if every single adult was a criminal, at least the children are victims. The elderly are victims. Most of the women are victims.

Even in a state of total anarchy, such as Iraq, no more than about 10% of the population commits the crimes. And 10% is an astronomical number. In most high crime areas, it is no more than several percent that are criminals.

Look at that chart again. Dallas leads the country with only 9,000 crimes per 100,000 people. If each criminal committed only ONE crime per year, less than 10% of the population would be criminals.

Guest danax

New York is the gentrification capital of the USA and that's got to be a big reason why their crime stats have dropped.

Harlem has been taken over by non-impoverished residents. Bed-Stuy brownstones go for 1M. Someone making 300K a year is unlikely to steal a car, rob a store, or "bust a cap" in someone.

The cops can work round the clock but until the thugs get priced out, it will be an endless game of cat and mouse.

The list is FBI statistics and on the New York website... its not some nurd in Dallas posting on his blog.

-- hell's angels would have rocked.

-- i think gentrification is god's gift. that or a private island... i think i'll call it danes.

You are correct. It is put out by the FBI.

It is still a largely worthless statistic for how safe or dangerous a city is. Literally one half of the total number is petty theft. In other words, a bunch of school girls on a shoplifting binge can skew you into most crime ridden city.

Most experts rate the safety of a city on its violent crime stats: murder, sex assault, aggravated assault, arson. Sometimes, burglary will be added in because of the possibility that burglary can turn violent if someone is home when it occurs.

However, if you want to have a website with screaming red graphics, shouting your city is the most dangerous since the dawn of time...well, this statistic seems to work well for that guy, doesn't it? :huh:

ha! well im not sure where he lives... but if it was anywhere in deep ellum, i can't fault him for wanting things fixed. there was a townhouse development under construction when i left, 5 units, 3 stories, starting price was 650,000. i pity the people that bought there.. i bet things aren't going well for them.

Archived