Bus driver had prior DWI conviction

Ptarmigan

What in the hell is there to protest??

probably that they were all not white in a bus owned by a company that has an owner that is not white

the people on that bus did not deserve to be hurt or to die, but I think anyone with half a brain can figure out how to choose a decent bus company and which bus companies suck

when you hire junkbus.com because it is cheap and a hunk of crap shows up you really need to decide of riding in a pile of crap for cheap is worth it or not

the more we allow people into our society that will not try and stick to the standards, laws, and rules of this country because they cost too much the more we will see incidents like this

if people want to come here that is fine, but they need to leave the crappy standards of the dump they came from in the dump they came from.....we are over run with cheap ass Mexican bus companies and van drivers and it is time to really crack down on it......it is not ok that all the people that died and were hurt on that bus were probably not born in the USA and it is even more not OK that some people come here and run/hire crap bus companies that put us all at risk.....even those of us that were born here and not on that bus, but share the road with it and crap like it

While most of us would have struggled to blame this wreck on Mexico and Mexicans, TexasVines was able to easily blame them. Good job.

The fact is, this is a Houston, Texas based company, operating (more accirately violating) under US and Texas laws, and US and Texas supervision. The driver is named Broussard...hardly a Mexican surname. While I wholeheartedly agree that commercial bus lines need to be strictly regulated, you need to look a little closer to home...no, a LOT closer...to find where to lay blame.

Since 1980, the US and Texas governments have operated under policies that believe fewer regulations make for a better business climate. Enforcement divisions have been systematically reduced or eliminated. Fewer regulations and fewer inspectors does indeed lower the cost of doing business. It also increases the risk that corners will be cut. Think about that when it comes time to vote in November.

I did not blame it on Mexicans I blamed it on a culture (or multiple cultures) of people that come to this country and then do everything they can to try and skirt rules and regulations designed to prevent just such incidents

one need only look at health code violations, people that get robbed ect and do not call the police because of their distrust of them, code enforcement violations and on and on to see people that move here then promptly try and operate like they are in the place they were in such a hurry to leave

read it any way you wish and brand me what you will.....means nothing to me because I know I am correct

and from the link above

Federal and state regulators are looking at how both companies linked to the 2002 model bus, Angel Tours and Iguala Busmex, owned by 59-year-old Angel de la Torre and located at the same Telephone Road office in Houston's East End, would dare operate outside Texas considering their history of noncompliance with federal authorities.

so it seems the person with the very hispanic sounding surname has been CAUGHT many times and chooses to still ignore the law

why would he do this.....maybe because instead of facing jail or loss of money he can just run back to ol' Mexico and sit on the money he has stashed

something YOU should consider when you vote and before you rush to throw open the doors to every third worlder that can get here illegally

Edited by TexasVines

I did not blame it on Mexicans I blamed it on a culture (or multiple cultures) of people that come to this country and then do everything they can to try and skirt rules and regulations designed to prevent just such incidents

one need only look at health code violations, people that get robbed ect and do not call the poilce because of their distrust of them, code enforcement violations and on and on to see people that move here then promptly try and operate like they are in the place they were in such a hurry to leave

read it any way you wish and brand me what you will.....means nothing to me because I know I am correct

2 questions.

1. What evidence do you have that the owner of the bus company, or the driver, came from somewhere other than the United States?

2. What do you blame when Americans do it, such as Enron, Exxon, Ford, KBR, Dow Chemical, virtually EVERY large homebuilder, many smaller homebuilders, pharmaceutical companies, BP, Firestone....just to name a few?

2 questions.

1. What evidence do you have that the owner of the bus company, or the driver, came from somewhere other than the United States?

2. What do you blame when Americans do it, such as Enron, Exxon, Ford, KBR, Dow Chemical, virtually EVERY large homebuilder, many smaller homebuilders, pharmaceutical companies, BP, Firestone....just to name a few?

accidents happen all over the place.....when the above companies do things that allow accidents to happen they will face the rule of American law and the US Citizens that work for them that may be responsible will face it as well

when has any large or small home builder killed anyone.....when did Enron kill anyone.....people from Enron did jail time and lost their assets

BP and others pay huge legal settlements and if fault is found they will possibly face jail time.....fly by night bus company operators run back to where they came from and face nothing....or if caught we have to hear how they did not get a fair shake in the worlds most fair legal system

quite a stretch of examples you listed as well

Edited by TexasVines

Good job of ignoring the first question.

just like you ignored when you were wrong about who owned the company

even if angel de la torre is from the USA the idea is still the same....he set up a crappy company to appeal to people that come here and ignore standards

you can cram your head in your ass as far as you wish that will not change the fact that people come here and ignore insurance requirements and cram 5 families into a 2 bedroom apartment

and yes we do have plenty of people born in the USA that try and do crap like that....which is all the more reason we need to cut down on letting others come here that are set on doing the exact same thing or worse

and yes I do expect people that we open our country up to to live to a higher standard because we did NOT HAVE TO LET THEM IN and if any American was to go to their country and try and crap all over their standards no matter how low or high they will still find themselves being sued or facing jail even if they try and run back to America....because until recently we were a country that had standards and we even try and uphold people from this country to standards when they are outside the USA.....now it seems we are a country with standards for people that were born here and excuse makers for everyone else.........like you

What in the hell is there to protest??

Phelps is protesting that God hates Texas because they passed a law barring them to protest at funerals. Also, he is anti-Catholic and the people who died were Catholics. Also, he is a racist, even though he was a civil rights lawyer who defended Black people in Kansas.

Edited by Ptarmigan

just like you ignored when you were wrong about who owned the company

even if angel de la torre is from the USA the idea is still the same....he set up a crappy company to appeal to people that come here and ignore standards

you can cram your head in your ass as far as you wish that will not change the fact that people come here and ignore insurance requirements and cram 5 families into a 2 bedroom apartment

and yes we do have plenty of people born in the USA that try and do crap like that....which is all the more reason we need to cut down on letting others come here that are set on doing the exact same thing or worse

and yes I do expect people that we open our country up to to live to a higher standard because we did NOT HAVE TO LET THEM IN and if any American was to go to their country and try and crap all over their standards no matter how low or high they will still find themselves being sued or facing jail even if they try and run back to America....because until recently we were a country that had standards and we even try and uphold people from this country to standards when they are outside the USA.....now it seems we are a country with standards for people that were born here and excuse makers for everyone else.........like you

Perhaps you misunderstood my question. I will repeat it for you...

I typed it slowly so that you may understand it.

Oh, and I seem to have missed the post where I made any excuses for this criminally liable business owner. Perhaps you could point that out for me as well.

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps you misunderstood my question. I will repeat it for you...

I typed it slowly so that you may understand it.

I don't care where he came from because the facts are clear that people like him set up crappy companies to appeal to people who come here legally and especially illegally and have no problems with lax standards

his last name is a Mexican name and his company is busmex.....and unless you live with your head crammed in your butt you have seen a proliferation of fly by night Mexican bus and van companies that put people at risk because they know their clients that they target do not care about any standard other than it is cheap

the fact that people in the USA do things like this sometimes is not an excuse or an out.....and again YES I hold people that are not born here to a higher standard.....because if they crap out MY COUNTRY I do not have any where else to run off to like they will

you may desire the USA to become an open border third world dump, but many of us do not

this is a prime example of people that came here legally or illegally and did not give a damn about US standards.....because only a fool can not tell if they are dealing with a reputable company or not when a junky bus with bald tires pulls up

so I do not care where he was born....because only a dupe would not know what his intentions and who his target market was when he set up his companies and then ignore his violations and ended up killing people.....he was set up to appeal to people with no care for rules and standards and it cost some of them their lives

Our friend here is using so many different words (badly, at that) to avoid saying 'Mexican', it's almost amusing.

I said Mexican several times.....but the people that died were not Mexicans.....and there are plenty of people from Asia and Africa that come here and do the same damn thing

so while Mexicans do come here and drive without insurance and do not report when they are mugged for their days pay I am just as tired fo Asians coming here and trafficking women or people from anywhere else on earth coming here and ignoring rules and laws

Mexicans do it a great deal....but so do many of the other third worlders we allow to pour in here

and I am tired of muslims coming here and trying to have their stupid shria law......so no I did not single out Mexicans like you want me to.....because I am tired of people from anywhere coming here and then wondering why we do not want their "culture" to take hold.....because their "culture" lead their country to be the hell hole that they left

so yes I expect if you move to the USA you will try and adopt OUR CULTURE.....not make your culture a part of ours.....if your culture is so great then why and the hell did you run away from it?

Edited by TexasVines

The driver's name was Broussard. Using your "logic", should we assume that he came from France...or do rank assumptions based on surnames only apply to Hispanic ones?

and there is a reason that a drunk with no health card drove for this company and not a reputable one

because the people that use companies like this would not care if an ape was behind the wheel as long as it was cheap

if third world standards appeal to you so much move to the third world and stop trying to let the third world take hold here

our culture is one of laws and standards and liability and responsibility.......well it was until people like you started voting and looking the other way for fear of being branded a racist

Edited by TexasVines

and there is a reason that a drunk with no health card drove for this company and not a reputable one

because the people that use companies like this would not care if an ape was behind the wheel as long as it was cheap

if third world standards appeal to you so much move to the third world and stop trying to let the third world take hold here

our culture is one of laws and standards and liability and responsibility.......well it was until people like you started voting and looking the other way for fear of being branded a racist

The investigating officers say no alcohol or drugs appear to be involved. Does a DWI conviction require one to stay intoxicated from that point forward? Or did you just assume that?

Why do I have to move? I am a US citizen. Been one my whole life. Can't I just demand that you leave, since you do not wish to abide the historical US culture of immigration?

I have no fear of being branded a racist. Why would I? I do not look askance at others just because of skin color or surname.

You really should read my posts. I am not advocating for lax standards. Far from it. In fact, I listed those US corporations as those who took advantage of lax standards. I am just wondering what evidence you have that the bus owner or his driver are not from the US. It may be true, but I have seen no evidence of it. Could you point it out to me?

The investigating officers say no alcohol or drugs appear to be involved. Does a DWI conviction require one to stay intoxicated from that point forward? Or did you just assume that?

Why do I have to move? I am a US citizen. Been one my whole life. Can't I just demand that you leave, since you do not wish to abide the historical US culture of immigration?

I have no fear of being branded a racist. Why would I? I do not look askance at others just because of skin color or surname.

You really should read my posts. I am not advocating for lax standards. Far from it. In fact, I listed those US corporations as those who took advantage of lax standards. I am just wondering what evidence you have that the bus owner or his driver are not from the US. It may be true, but I have seen no evidence of it. Could you point it out to me?

again I don't care where he is from

he is only a symptom of the problem......the problem of letting people flood into this country unabated when we currently have plenty of our own problems to deal with....and I am guessing he is from Mexico because I don't know anyone from the USA that would call their company busMEX unless they are again trying to specifically appeal to people with no care about standards

I did not say you have to move, but it would be much easier for you to move and ensconce yourself in third world standards than to try and force them on the rest of us with your thinly vialed cries of racism

Edited by TexasVines

Well I'll be damned! I didn't realize Texas Vines is a tort lawyer. Thanks for clearing that up for us.

no I am just someone tired of third world standards taking hold in the USA under the guise of "culture"

and I am tired of people that try and brand people racist that don't want to live by third world standards

with so many crappy third world dumps to choose from why make the USA another....why don't those that love all those third world cultures choose one and go there

and racist or not I do expect people that are let into MY country to be on their best behavior.....instead of trying to get around every standard they possibly can.....oblivious to the fact that is what cause their country to be such a dump that they had to leave it and try and come here

Edited by TexasVines

Would you be terribly upset with me if I pointed out that his...

again I don't care where he is from

...does not match with this...

he is only a symptom of the problem......the problem of letting people flood into this country unabated when we currently have plenty of our own problems to deal with....

It is of the utmost importance when making xenophobic rants, to first ensure that the subject of the rant in fact be a foreigner. Otherwise, you make yourself sound...well...xenophobic. Does that make sense?

Just thought I'd point that out.

Oh, and my "thinly vialed cries" are of xenophobia, not racism. kthxbye.

Would you be terribly upset with me if I pointed out that his...

...does not match with this...

It is of the utmost importance when making xenophobic rants, to first ensure that the subject of the rant in fact be a foreigner. Otherwise, you make yourself sound...well...xenophobic. Does that make sense?

Just thought I'd point that out.

Oh, and my "thinly vialed cries" are of xenophobia, not racism. kthxbye.

you are thick as a brick

it does not matter specifically where the owner is from though I would be 99% positive he is from Mexico because it makes it that much easier to operate the way he did when you know you can flee back to where ever you came from...the reason he can get business is because we have let a flood of people into this country that do not give a damn what hunk of crap pulls up or what animal is driving it....because they come from a culture of not caring about anything

and yes I am xenophobic.....because I happen to like the USA the way it is (or was) instead of a country full of people all trying to live like the third world dump they came from

so if that makes me xenophobic then all the better for trash like you to have a label for me......does that make you feel superior because you can look down on and brand someone like me with xenophobia because I desire the country I live in to remain the same as what lead it to be the greatest country on earth VS a country filled with third world dump cultures

see you should feel great now....you have sold the standards of the USA down the river so you can feel superior and brand me "xenophobic"

what is xenophobic.......someone that desires to not like like a third world loser....yes I am proud to be that......yes I am proud that I do not want muslims and their shira law in the USA.....yes I am proud I want to live in a country where "cheap" is not the only standard.....yes I am proud that I want to live in a country where people all try and speak one common language instead of clustering up in their slum speaking whatever it is they speak where they came from....yes I am proud to live in a country where people put aside their countries "culture" and adopt the standard of this country

you clearly prefer a country of third world clusters of dumps and a few white people that can be blamed for everything and a few more that feel enlightened and go around apologizing to all the other third worlders we let in here for not making it easier for them to ruin our country

so thank you for being so "anti-xenophobic" even if it means this country goes to hell

hopefully you will feel even more enlightened and anti-xenophobic soon when a bus full of illegals run by another illegal with no insurance plows into you on the freeway and they all run back to Mexico or Vietnam or wherever they are from and leave you with your high mindedness and nothing else

then when you get home you can discover that a family of 25 has moved into the 3-2 next to you and set up a goat killing alter in their back yard near your kids swing set and their 15 kids have crammed your kids school full of kids that don't speak English which means your childs education will suffer

then when something finally affects you personally you can go complain about the goat alter and find that YOU are xenophobic and when you find that there is no code violation for 25 people in a 3-2 you can find that YOU are xenophobic

what will you have to feel so superior about then.....what country will you try and run to so you can try and help others ruin it?

get a clue and please have a bad stomach virus on november 4th.....opps I meant 5th when people like you should go and vote

Edited by TexasVines

you are thick as a brick

Au contraire! I am a lawyer. And my craft requires me to produce evidence in order to make a claim....credible evidence. Far more than simply offering up a surname as proof of anything. Even proving one's identity requires fingerprints, much less one's country of origin. So, far from thick, I am surely a brick, as my reasoning and logic are solid, solid as a brick. You should aspire to same.

and yes I am xenophobic.....

OK.

hopefully you will feel even more enlightened and anti-xenophobic soon when a bus full of illegals run by another illegal with no insurance plows into you on the freeway and they all run back to Mexico or Vietnam or wherever they are from and leave you with your high mindedness and nothing else

then when you get home you can discover that a family of 25 has moved into the 3-2 next to you and set up a goat killing alter in their back yard near your kids swing set

You sound very upset, sugar. What neighborhood do you live in with 25 illegals and goats next door?

FWIW, they're trying they're best, you know. They shop at WalMart just like the rest of us, and watch bad cable tv shows on a flat screen just like you. Hell they even text in their votes for Idol.

I'm very interested now--what specific steps do you take-- individually of course-- to ensure our culture's integrity and longevity? (Tip: things you do, not things you think. And speaking English only doesn't count. )

You sound very upset, sugar. What neighborhood do you live in with 25 illegals and goats next door?

FWIW, they're trying they're best, you know. They shop at WalMart just like the rest of us, and watch bad cable tv shows on a flat screen just like you. Hell they even text in their votes for Idol.

I'm very interested now--what specific steps do you take-- individually of course-- to ensure our culture's integrity and longevity? (Tip: things you do, not things you think. And speaking English only doesn't count. )

I was raised in a house that valued education......I have put off having children until I can afford them and afford to have them in an area with good schools and afford to put money aside to help them go to college....and by afford I do not mean put a roof over their head and then go sign up for school lunch, and WIC, and section 8, and food stamps

even though I hate bills like anyone I make sure my car is insured and my VERY SMALL business carries liability insurance....I make sure that I have health insurance so if anything happens I will not be a burden on the tax payers

I call te cops on the crack dealers and bootleggers across the street from me instead of closing the blinds......I have met all my other decent neighbors and we chat regularly and make sure we all complain about the one bad house on the block (full of people that need to pull up their damn pants and were sadly born here though their English is not easy to comprehend)

I do not toss my trash all about the city as I go through the day....I do speak some Spanish because I worked with a great deal fo people from Mexico at one time....but I tried in vain to get them to take learning English seriously

I have nothing against other cultures.....I would not mind being in China right now for the Olympics......but I expect MY culture to be valued and respected as much as any others.....especially in MY country....if I go to other countries I expect to have their culture as what I will have to accept....I expect the same of those that come here....people complain about the ugly Americans that go everywhere and expect it to be like America......maybe they learned that from all the people that flood into the USA and then want it to be like where they came from.....it is a two way street

and no I did not mention Mexicans specifically at first because I happen to have worked with a number of illegals in the past and they were great people....Mexico is a NEIGHBOR of the USA.....which in my mind gives them a special place when we deal with them

but no I see no reason to let muslims flood into the USA.....or people from ghana or Sudan.....or Vietnam....or India....I see nothing wrong with the USA being a country full of people that speak ENGLISH FIRST

no other country is in a giant hurry to let people from the USA come there and change their country.....why in the hell should I be in a hurry to see my country full of slums of people from Mexico or Ghana or Sudan or Vietnam or India or Jordan.

why in the hell should I be in a hurry to have my future kids feel like a minority in THEIR COUNTRY.....people from Ghana have a country.....so do people from India and China.....what good reason do we need them to come here for and live forever and have kids....especially if they will not leave THEIR CULTURE behind and insterad try and drag it here......maybe if the countries that crunchlameness and redpinko desire to have people come here and fill up our country were much better off and much more advanced than the USA I could see this strong desire to water down the USA.....but they are not.....they are often the most corrupt hate filled assbackwards dumps on earth

I am sure redscare would love it when shira law takes hold in part of the USA and they start catching men holding hands and kissing in the street and hanging them.....he will be the first one on this forum wondering what happened.....well you fool what happened is you let a flood of trash come here and now you are out numbered.....and the same crap that trashed their country s taking hold here.....boy you will break out your xenophobia then

I bet you will feel real enlightened when the lesbian couple looking for a more accepting neighborhood in another thread moves in next to some muslims and gets their house trashed....or even better some muslims can move onto their street and give them dirty looks and trash their house.....what then smart guy...or maybe their kid can get picked on at school by all the kids that flood in to the USA because of you ant your stupid anti-xenophobia.....you will feel like a real winner then huh clown

get a clue and remember vote on november 5th!

and yes honey pie it gets old watching fools like you have the desire to water this country down to a bunch of clusters of unrelated dissimilar cultures and dumps

you may think it is sweet, but when it affects you personally I hope it stomps your head hard and then your throat and makes your child come home from school crying

and I hope you bring it to this forum so I can mock you and laugh in you and your kids face

we have let enough muslim, goat herding, kenyan, dead beats into this country so that typical white people can raise their abandoned son....people may think the osama obama story is so wonderful, but I think his story is disgusting

it is the story of a deadbeat, thankless, piece of muslim trash that we let into the USA to "get an education" only to be rewarded with him fathering a child and running out on it for the American grandparents to raise .....what a wonderful American story......how much better off we would all be if we could let even more goat herding dead beats into the USA to father more bastard children.....because we all know they would all turn out like obama....even if obama is a self absorbed typical liberal that hates the USA and is ashamed of those that actually took the time to raise him VS his dead beat father that he idolizes

Edited by TexasVines

You know, after reading the exchanges between Red & Vines, I have to officially apologize to all HAIF members for all the times I took a big ol' steaming dump in past threads.

My condolences to those who lost their lives, and to their families who have to now live without them.

I have put off having children until I can afford them and afford to have them in an area with good schools and afford to put money aside to help them go to colleg

why in the hell should I be in a hurry to have my future kids feel like a minority in THEIR COUNTRY.....people from Ghana have a country.....so do people from India and China.....what good reason do we need them to come here for and live forever and have kids....especially if they will not leave THEIR CULTURE behind and insterad try and drag it here......maybe if the countries that crunchlameness and redpinko were much better off and much more advanced than the USA I could see this strong desire to water down the USA.....but they are not.....they are ofthen the most corrupt hate filled assbackwards dumps on earth

I think I have discovered the source of your frustration. See, you should have already had kids, about 20, actually. You are this close to being the minority, and your future kids will most certainly be outnumbered.

You have already lost the the battle when it comes to the 'water down' effect on the USA. What would be your more pro-active, forward thinking plan B--assuming that your neighbors are as likely to be Ghanian as anything? Actually, while I'm thinking about it, I've got a question. Which Muslim is worse: African, Asian, or Middle Eastern?

You know, after reading the exchanges between Red & Vines, I have to officially apologize to all HAIF members for all the times I took a big ol' steaming dump in past threads.

My condolences to those who lost their lives, and to their families who have to now live without them.

I feel bad for those people too

but you know what....a lot of people on that bus need to take a good hard look at their very own.....their very own that hired a cheap piece of crap bus company that had multiple infractions and put them and their loved ones at a HIGH risk

they need to ask their own why they did not hire a decent bus company that tried to follow ANY rules other than fuel it up and run it until it wrecks

there are MANY responsible for what happened.....including the ones that put their own friends and family at risk by hiring fly by night mexibus....accidents happen.....but when you ignore safety they happen more often....and when you and your culture ignore standards and enable companies like cheapassbuscrap.com to stay in business by giving them any business at all.....you are just as responsible as the owner of the company and the driver of the bus....it is simple....if people did not pay these companies they would be gone....and if people did not actively seek them out they would not be so pervasive

I think I have discovered the source of your frustration. See, you should have already had kids, about 20, actually. You are this close to being the minority, and your future kids will most certainly be outnumbered.

You have already lost the the battle when it comes to the 'water down' effect on the USA. What would be your more pro-active, forward thinking plan B--assuming that your neighbors are as likely to be Ghanian as anything? Actually, while I'm thinking about it, I've got a question. Which Muslim is worse: African, Asian, or Middle Eastern?

worse for being assbackwards about their religion....those from the Middle East.......worse for being hardcore millitants....I would actually say Asian....worse for wanting to kill goats in the back yard and do other things like that.....Africa

ones I want in this country.....none of them

Edited by TexasVines

Well, I happen to know a little about goats. Chickens, too. And pigs. You see, I was born and raised in North Carolina, not too far from the Appalachian Mountains. They raise a whole slew of goats and chickens and pigs up there. They hunt possum and squirrel and coon. They live in tar paper shacks. Some might call it downright third world. Course, none of 'em was meskin or muslim. All of 'ems white. Funny how that happens.

Back in the mid 90s, I lived in Arkansas for awhile. Looked a whole lot like Appalachia, cept the mountains were the Ozarks. They still knew how to cook possum and squirrel, though. I hope that's not the culture you're trying to get rid of, cuz they play some mean banjo in them parts. And the possum's good, taste a lot like chicken. Makes a killer brunswick stew.

Well, I happen to know a little about goats. Chickens, too. And pigs. You see, I was born and raised in North Carolina, not too far from the Appalachian Mountains. They raise a whole slew of goats and chickens and pigs up there. They hunt possum and squirrel and coon. They live in tar paper shacks. Some might call it downright third world. Course, none of 'em was meskin or muslim. All of 'ems white. Funny how that happens.

Back in the mid 90s, I lived in Arkansas for awhile. Looked a whole lot like Appalachia, cept the mountains were the Ozarks. They still knew how to cook possum and squirrel, though. I hope that's not the culture you're trying to get rid of, cuz they play some mean banjo in them parts. And the possum's good, taste a lot like chicken. Makes a killer brunswick stew.

all the more reason to stop letting others into the USA to father bastard children until we can sort out our own issues with those that were born here

and again I expect people that we LET IN HERE to live to a higher standard or they can stay where they are at

you seem to loo down on those in Arkansas and NC that lived like that (probably because they are white) but you seem to want to let so many more flood into the USA and try and live like that (probably because they are not white)

and at least those in Arkansas and NC live out in the back woods and mind their own business instead of moving into a city and trying to force it on everyone

why the double standard for those that you feel superior to from Arkansas and NC vs those that you desire to flood in to the USA and make it more third world......is your white guilt really that deep