Houston Doctors Believe They Can Destroy HIV

Trae

Houston doctors say they may have found a way to destroy HIV

Houston doctors Dr. Sudhir Paul and Dr. Miguel Escobar may have found a way to destroy HIV

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/kho...h.149656b8.html

11:03 PM CDT on Tuesday, July 29, 2008

By Lee McGuire / 11 News

July 29, 2008

HOUSTON -- There is real hope that what’s happening in a Houston lab might lead to a cure for HIV.

“We have found an innovative way to kill the virus by finding this small region of HIV that is unchangeable,” said Dr. Sudhir Paul of the University of Texas Medical School at Houston.

...this same story is referenced on a "board" on MSNBC.com...

...in the POLITICS section... (you'd think health section, but no)

...with the following title:

"Houston doctors may have found a way to destroy HIV... Well there may be hope for all you Liberal fudge packers yet"

...and then comments:

So they're gonna "eliminate" homosexuals? shades_smile.gif

on msnbc. what a crying shame.

EDIT: Here is the link: http://boards.msn.com/MSNBCboards/thread.a...threadid=738265 It is odd to see this kind of discussion on the MSNBC web site - in the same presentation format as their real news stories, the heading, etc...

Edited by BryanS

...this same story is referenced on a "board" on MSNBC.com...

...in the POLITICS section... (you'd think health section, but no)

...with the following title:

"Houston doctors may have found a way to destroy HIV... Well there may be hope for all you Liberal fudge packers yet"

...and then comments:

So they're gonna "eliminate" homosexuals? shades_smile.gif

on msnbc. what a crying shame.

It sounds like something posted by a user, and not by a member of the MSNBC staff. I'm not sure it's fair to hold the cable channel responsible for what a bunch of loonies do anymore than it's fair to hold me responsible for what some of the fringe HAIFers write.

I've never been to MSNBC's message boards, but how many new messages do you think get posted there each day? A hundred? A thousand? Ten thousand? I doubt MSNBC has anyone to patrol its forum on a regular basis. And if it did, both fringes would be screaming "OMG!!! GUBMINT CENSORSHIP CONSPIRACY 9/11 BIG BROTHER COVERUP!!!1!!ELEVEN!!!" faster than you could open a new browser window.

It's probably a free-for-all in there.

It sounds like something posted by a user, and not by a member of the MSNBC staff. I'm not sure it's fair to hold the cable channel responsible for what a bunch of loonies do anymore than it's fair to hold me responsible for what some of the fringe HAIFers write.

I've never been to MSNBC's message boards, but how many new messages do you think get posted there each day? A hundred? A thousand? Ten thousand? I doubt MSNBC has anyone to patrol its forum on a regular basis. And if it did, both fringes would be screaming "OMG!!! GUBMINT CENSORSHIP CONSPIRACY 9/11 BIG BROTHER COVERUP!!!1!!ELEVEN!!!" faster than you could open a new browser window.

It's probably a free-for-all in there.

EDIT: Here is the link: http://boards.msn.com/MSNBCboards/thread.a...threadid=738265 It is odd to see this kind of discussion on the MSNBC web site - in the same presentation format as their real news stories, the heading, their side-bar navigation, etc...

EDIT EDIT: I don't have any problem with the content of the message. Free speech is a wonderful thing. Just not sure you want that kind of free speech on what amounts to be company letterhead...

Edited by BryanS

• The title was changed to Houston Doctors Believe They Can Destroy HIV