Katy BBQ Houses

I read where we are getting a new Spring Creek BBQ house near the Katy Freeway and Westgreen soon. But where can I find really good BBQ in Katy before then? Seems everytime we crave BBQ, we head into Houston....

Houston is where its at! I went to Pierson & Co. on TC Jester this weekend....REALLY REALLY tasty, and the prices were EXCELLENT. Two of us had a full spread including dessert for under $20, and had 3/4 of the dessert and over half the sides leftover afterwards.

I read where we are getting a new Spring Creek BBQ house near the Katy Freeway and Westgreen soon. But where can I find really good BBQ in Katy before then? Seems everytime we crave BBQ, we head into Houston....

Nonmacher's is very good for takeout. Tried Paddy's (on Mason) the other day for the first time and it was good.

Don't forget The Swinging Door in Richmond as an alternative to heading into Houston.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Spring Creek BBQ off the Katy Freeway and Westgreen is really good. Katy needed a good BBQ joint and this is the place.

I agree, for a chain the food and service was good. Love the free ice cream they were passing out when I was there not long after it opened.

Great news for Katy BBQ lovers. I filled out a comment card on the Rudy's Bar-B-Q web site told them that I thought their BBQ was the best and that we needed a Rudy's in Katy since we lacked a really good BBQ place. They said that they should have one on I-10 in the next year. Below is their respone which I was very shocked to get such a personal response from them...great customer service!

"Thank you for taking the time to send your comments about Rudy

Great news for Katy BBQ lovers. I filled out a comment card on the Rudy's Bar-B-Q web site told them that I thought their BBQ was the best and that we needed a Rudy's in Katy since we lacked a really good BBQ place. They said that they should have one on I-10 in the next year. Below is their respone which I was very shocked to get such a personal response from them...great customer service!

"Thank you for taking the time to send your comments about Rudy

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Rudy's customer service was great! Now they have gotten even better in my book. Not only did I get the personal email reply to my comment I left on thier site but I also just received a hand written letter. I couldn't belive it, in this day and age someone took the time to reply to a comment and question that I left on their web site. That is amazing...but it does not stop there! With the hand written letter thanking me for my comments and answering my question on if they were going to put a Rudy's in Katy they included a customer comp gift card for $15. They have just earned a customer for life...although they already had one because I love their BBQ. :)

• 9 months later...

I emailed Rudy's Bar-B-Q to find out the progress on the location on I-10 in West Houston and this is the answer I received:

We continue to work on this project. The property we have been working on is tied up with several other businesses and hasn’t been as easy to close as we had hoped. We have seen movement with the agreement since the New Year and hope to get going. I wish I had better news but at least it hasn’t fallen through! We are looking forward to expanding in the market and hope to see at least 2 more stores in the market before the end of 2010. Keep and eye on the website and email me any time. Come see us!!