Olympics 2008

Deut28Thirteen

Yeah that diving finish was awesome. I had already looked online at the results so I knew that China didn't win and he did, but with 1 dive to go I still couldn't see how it would happen. That dude manned up though. Sucks to be the 1 Chinese guy who messed up the sweep.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah that diving finish was awesome. I had already looked online at the results so I knew that China didn't win and he did, but with 1 dive to go I still couldn't see how it would happen. That dude manned up though. Sucks to be the 1 Chinese guy who messed up the sweep.

Can you say "Choke" !!! The guy only had to get an 8.0 , but entered the water with a crooked dive. He received 6.5 to 7.0. He was averaging like close to 9.0 going into the last dive. The pressure got to him! The Aussie made a perfect dive and beat the Chinese diver by 5pts.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedition...0,4696934.story

Stopped the Chinese from sweeping all 8 golds in diving, scoring in 1 dive, the highest-ever rated dive in Olympic history... and was the only out, gay athlete at the games, among the dozen or so out lesbians. Good for him.

Hell of a performance, hell of a moment....made me all verklempt last night.

Archived