New to town; Should we move to the Heights

cdiggity

I think that most (or maybe all) of 77021 is on the east side of 288. There are a few posters who live there that may be able to chime in. I have lived near there but on the west side of 288 (77004) and it is a little easier to get to certain things (Hermann Park, rail, museums...).

It was a lot cheaper (to buy and rent, when i was looking) on the east side, though...

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

Just a quick update: We have officially moved to Houston as of a few days ago! This city seems very exciting and I can't wait to start exploring. We are living in Midtown and as each day goes by, I am falling more and more in love with the location. Everything is within walking distance, which is amazing, and everyone seems so nice. Thank you all for your help. We really appreciate it.

Also, if anyone knows of any Chicago Bear's sports bar, let us know! It's more fun to suffer their losses with other true fans.

Thanks again!

Also, if anyone knows of any Chicago Bear's sports bar, let us know! It's more fun to suffer their losses with other true fans.

All Houston sports bars are filled with suffering fans. Just go to any one of them on a Sunday, say something sympathetic during a Texans game, like, "I know how you feel. I'm a Bears fan.", or, "It could be worse. You could have Rex Grossman for your QB", and you'll have dozens of new friends in no time.

Archived