Am I The Only One?

ZbratTX

Channel 11 in the morning has Walton's World. He interviewed a gentleman this morning from the carnival at the HLSR. He would ask a question, the man answered in an honest and sincere way and Walton made fun of him -- it was not funny nor nice.

I am sure some found humor - but even Debra Duncan seemed pained by his lack of respect. Am I the only one that felt embarassed, saddened and changed the channel? If I am wrong, please correct me -- do not flame me.

Thanks,

Brat

I saw that same segment last night on the evening news and was thinking how annoying and unfunny he was.

When TV news starts going the way of Drive Time Radio you know we are screwed. I have never heard nor seen this guy, but I have noticed some really bad stories on the local news.

What kills me is the hyped stories that they promote the entire day and throughout primetime. Channel 2 did one on Poker a few months ago and it was so rediculous. They intereviewed some people at a bar who were playing for non cash prizes. The peice was about 3 minutes and offered nothing to the Poker enthusiast or to the rest of the veiwers who did not need to see a bunch of idiots talking about how they play poker.

I have also seen 2 or 3 stories on how to run your own business on EBAY. They tout the story all night and then you watch and all you learn is that EBAY is a growing internet auction site. Then they interview some old lady who sells crap she buys and resells. Totally worthless journalism.

All the channels are bad. I think Channel 2 is the worst.

I also sometimes wonder if Marvin Zindler will live forever.

I also sometimes wonder if Marvin Zindler will live forever.

He will. He really died five years ago and his plastic surgeons keep transplanting new body parts into him to keep him going.

Seriously though, he'll probably do something like collapse of a massive heart attack or stroke live on the air during the 6:00 news some night.

He will. He really died five years ago and his plastic surgeons keep transplanting new body parts into him to keep him going.

Seriously though, he'll probably do something like collapse of a massive heart attack or stroke live on the air during the 6:00 news some night.

It's pretty funny when he tries doing a redo on the live broadcast.

I think you got something there with the transplanting. Actually I think he is in cryogenic slumber for 22 hours a day.

It's pretty funny when he tries doing a redo on the live broadcast.

I think you got something there with the transplanting. Actually I think he is in cryogenic slumber for 22 hours a day.

When I was about 12 my family was eating at Pino's and I noticed Zindler at another table with a big group of people. As a joke, my father talked me into getting the guy's autograph. I finally went over and asked him. He could not have been nicer, but getting that close to him was sorta creepy. Years later, my father admitted to being drunk which explains alot to me.

Too bad Pino's is gone. That place was great. What is exciting is the fact that CVS tore it down and is building a new store. Whippee. Now there will be 12 drug stores within a 1 mile radius of that intersection. I am excited for the day when there is a Walgreens or CVS in my neighbors living room. That way I wont' have to go very far to get toothpaste.

they tore down a nice resturant for ANOTHER overpriced CVS?

I ran in there to buy the Incredibles. I only bought it b/c I didn't want to stop into walgreens on my way home. I now regret it.

I remember a few years back when a new Walgreens or Eckerds was cool and for the most a welcome site to an area. Most of the construction was explainable. Now with CVS buying Eckerds and carpet bombing the city we are not forced to have a CVS within 2 blocks of every Walgreens.

If you had to pick who would you root for to succeed in this market. I am rooting for Walgreens. Although CVS stores are usually nicer, but that is probably because most or less than a year old.

Well, I see we have gone from Channel 11 to Walgreens/CVS. I have to say that I am a Walgreens fan -- always have been and always will be. I am throughly convinced that the Walgreens at Sage/Westheimer was built for me alone.

Anyway, back to me and my topic. Thanks for the welcome! I have been lurking at HAIF for about 6 months now because I love Houston and the sights and surroundings. I work downtown in a brand new high-rise and live in the Memorial/Woodway area -- not too far from my favorite Fuzzy's!

I grew up watching KiTiRiK, going to Peppermint Park, riding the ponies at the place on South Main at Braeswood, and even saw Elvis in the Dome!

Enough about me.....too bad Channel 11 doesn't try to calm down their BoyWonder! I only watched their station in the mornings because I HAD to get away from Katie and Diane on the other stations and they were local during my getting ready time. Now my morning TV news station is Fox -- who is this Janna and what was the hoopla? :)

Morning, Matt Levine!

Best,

Brat

Well,  I see we have gone from Channel 11 to Walgreens/CVS.  I have to say that I am a Walgreens fan -- always have been and always will be.  I am throughly convinced that the Walgreens at Sage/Westheimer was built for me alone. 

Anyway, back to me and my topic.  Thanks for the welcome!  I have been lurking at HAIF for about 6 months now because I love Houston and the sights and surroundings.  I work downtown in a brand new high-rise and live in the Memorial/Woodway area -- not too far from my favorite Fuzzy's! 

I grew up watching KiTiRiK, going to Peppermint Park, riding the ponies at the place on South Main at Braeswood, and even saw Elvis in the Dome!

Enough about me.....too bad Channel 11 doesn't try to calm down their BoyWonder!  I only watched their station in the mornings because I HAD to get away from Katie and Diane on the other stations and they were local during my getting ready time.  Now my morning TV news station is Fox -- who is this Janna and what was the hoopla?  :) 

Morning, Matt Levine!

Best,

Brat

Sorry. Unfortunately many threads on here morph into different topics. But I agree with you on Walgreens and that Channel 11 has jumped the shark when it comes to news.

I have been a posting machine this week since my job has been super slow.

WELCOME ABOARD.

I thought his name was Matt Lavine. (all these years....) :lol:

:D Aw, heck! I always get names wrong! Sorry, Matt..I DO like his sunglasses on bright days and he seems so easy going.

As far as getting off topic -- I don't care, cuz my FAV store is Walgreens. I had to laugh when the Sage/Westheimer store went in with a cold food section - the end of grocery store trips for me!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I enjoy reading this site because the posters are very kind to each other -- which is rare at many sites.

Best,

Brat

PS: Anyone remember the wagon in the old Bellaire Broiler Burger? Or is that a misguided memory from my childhood?

oh no!! :( Pino's is gone, forever??! I am so sad! I did not know. I remember in high school hearing that Pino's was George Strait's favorite Italian restaurant and I just HAD to eat there for my 17th birthday. :P

My husband and I had our third date there. How depressing that it is gone!!

PBS really is great, and I've become a fan of the news on NPR as well.

The Sunday morning line up of Car & Driver, Motorweek, This Old House, Ask This Old House, & New Yankee Workshop.

I used to watch most of those before I moved to Houston -- all great shows. I got to meet Norm and Steve from This Old House several years ago when I was still working in my father's Ace Hardware store and they would make appearances at the annual Ace buying conventions. Really neat guys to talk to.

"Thanks for the warm welcome. I enjoy reading this site because the posters are very kind to each other -- which is rare at many sites." (quote, brat)

welcome to the forum, where believe it or not civility is alive and well (just not in all posts): "Maybe we'll get lucky and this will be one of those deals where they open a fast food joint inside the big box store, too! How about Raising Cane's?"

(quote, dalparadise - going up "biggest box store ever")

i was little when kitirik (sp?) was on, but my big sister got on the show once for her birthday. do you remember the cadet don show? back to the topic - local tv unfortunately is so overshadowed by internet news/entertainment and cable programming it is nearly impossible for them to get noticed. so they resort to outlandish topics (demon hunters) or allow the most abrasive/offensive personalities to insult the people they should be interviewing.

best to just turn the tv off and go with music while you get ready for work.

deb martin

Slightly off topic here (what's new?), but just now while I was switching channels I came across Katie Couric whom I actually heard say to someone she was supposedly interviewing about the Scott Peterson case, "Yes, when I was talking to Lacie's mom, she agreed with me when I said there's never really any closure." So much for her being an impartial interviewer, and her not being the news...

What is so sick about the morning national shows is that they are classified as news. Run to the remote to turn them off as soon a they come on, off course i'm getting ready to go to work also.

What is so sick about the morning national shows is that they are classified as news.  Run to the remote to turn them off as soon a they come on, off course i'm getting ready to go to work also.

My Fiancee makes me watch Good Morning America. I pretty much hate everyone on that show. I stick to getting my news online. Today the GMA folks were bowling and it was killing me.