Am I The Only One?

ZbratTX

I agree. If it wasn't for that brief 5 minute news segment once every hour, then they would have no leg to stand on.

Does anyone remember "The Eyes of Texas"? Ron Stone hosted on Channel 2 every Saturday at 6:30. They had a really good intro song. That was when Channel 2 was in its prime to me. Jan Carson and Ron Stone would anchor, not sure which times though. No hyped up stories, just the news they way it is supposed to be broadcast.

they tore down a nice resturant for ANOTHER overpriced CVS?

I ran in there to buy the Incredibles. I only bought it b/c I didn't want to stop into walgreens on my way home. I now regret it.

i think pino's moved to a different location becuase the area around hilcroft/westheimer was deteriorating.

I took a date to Pino's once in about 2000 thinking it would be a decent restaurant and it just stank all around. Service, food, atmosphere, all terrible. I felt like it had seen better days for sure. Never went back.

Does anyone remember "The Eyes of Texas"? Ron Stone hosted on Channel 2 every Saturday at 6:30.
Please don't overlook Ray Miller, the man who created the Eyes of Texas program. He was replaced because he was deemed "too old". That was a crappy thing to do. Ray was a great communicator.

Does anyone remember "The Eyes of Texas"? Ron Stone hosted on Channel 2 every Saturday at 6:30. They had a really good intro song.

By Shake Russell (of Shake Russell and Dana Cooper), local band that for some strange reason never made it very big, but they are WONDERFUL! :)

Please don't overlook Ray Miller, the man who created the Eyes of Texas program. He was replaced because he was deemed "too old". That was a crappy thing to do. Ray was a great communicator.

That is my lack of memory serving me corret, Ray Miller was the original host. He always reminded me of David Brinkley (looks wise).

Does anyone remember "The Eyes of Texas"? Ron Stone hosted on Channel 2 every Saturday at 6:30. They had a really good intro song. That was when Channel 2 was in its prime to me. Jan Carson and Ron Stone would anchor, not sure which times though. No hyped up stories, just the news they way it is supposed to be broadcast.

Oh yeah. I remember that show. In fact in 5th grade we took Texas History and our teach made us watch that as homework and report on it. Talk about your lame homework assignments. Luckily me step dad liked it so he would tell me what happened and I was report back to the little nazi woman.

I wish that show was still around (is it????) It would get Tivo'd at will. Ironically I love those type of shows now.