Disneyworld On Highway 290?

I heard a co-worker talking about a rumour that Disney is putting in a theme park off Hwy 290 somewhere? Anyone else hear about that or is this just another one of those "amusement park rumors" that pop up every 5 to 10 years?

Dis

maybe something small, but I would doubt it and hope not

theme parks in every city even the size of Houston is a dead trend.....to make it work it has to be cheap enough to get in that every unsupervised 14-17 yo little idiot can get in and then you have the future felon 18-22 yo roaming all around......not somewhere I would let my 14-15yo go for the day without a parent and not really somewhere I as a parent would want to be with my kids if I had any

to be a "destination park" you have to charge enough to keep out the riff raff and offer enough to justify it.....that does not leave room for one in every city

educational places are what is in now and nature and outdoors......if Lajitas was a reasonably priced place with a strong nature educational component and some of the "luxury" remaining it would be a much more popular place......as it is now.....long ways away to go to the country club

building another theme park of any type is just building something to close in 5 years and be an eyesore

I heard a co-worker talking about a rumour that Disney is putting in a theme park off Hwy 290 somewhere? Anyone else hear about that or is this just another one of those "amusement park rumors" that pop up every 5 to 10 years?

Dis

I think it's just an area called Towne Lake.

<Running before I get whacked>

Disney makes too much money on overpriced hotel rooms and such in Cali and Florida that they would be stupid to invest in bringing the Magic Kingdom into everyone's backyard. Forget it.

Disney makes too much money on overpriced hotel rooms and such in Cali and Florida that they would be stupid to invest in bringing the Magic Kingdom into everyone's backyard. Forget it.

You're absolutely right. They tried a regional concept called Disney Quest a few years ago and it failed miserably.

You're absolutely right. They tried a regional concept called Disney Quest a few years ago and it failed miserably.

True but there are rumors that they are experimenting with areas much like Downtown Disney in Orlando...food, shopping and entertainment districts. There is one possibly being built in Frisco soon from what I hear. However, for years there were rumors that Disney bought the Texas Ren Fest property for a central US location of another theme park but that was just a bad rumor.

• 3 weeks later...
The "Disney near Houston" rumor is a persistent urban legend. It has been circulating as long as I can remember.

Yeah, I remember those old tired rumors...just trying to figure out if this is just another one of those or something with substance...

Probably someone crying Disney "wolf" again...

• The title was changed to Disneyworld On Highway 290?

Archived