Spanish Media Locally

MIGUEL

I,m proud to be a spanish speaker,but I never trust the spanish media,because they only,are copycat of local english media,and only broadcasting, "NEWS" they think our community needs like sports,fake weather reports given by funny weathermen or woman,they in reality don't are meteorologist.When you call the media room they always answer the call in english,they are funny reporters,also when you asked why they never keep people educated they saying they are not "PBS".The language they used are"mexican slang",horrible. Also they say they don't have money like the english media channels to stay every where looking for news.I wish they read this.Myself I'm news media maniac,and also a freelance "NEWS REPORTER".I watch all local TV stations.My advice for people to buy a "Short Wave Radio",because in case of any bad event the local media only broadcast what the state department rule.

I,m proud to be a spanish speaker,but I never trust the spanish media,because they only,are copycat of local english media,and only broadcasting, "NEWS" they think our community needs like sports,fake weather reports given by funny weathermen or woman,they in reality don't are meteorologist.When you call the media room they always answer the call in english,they are funny reporters,also when you asked why they never keep people educated they saying they are not "PBS".The language they used are"mexican slang",horrible. Also they say they don't have money like the english media channels to stay every where looking for news.I wish they read this.Myself I'm news media maniac,and also a freelance "NEWS REPORTER".I watch all local TV stations.My advice for people to buy a "Short Wave Radio",because in case of any bad event the local media only broadcast what the state department rule.

While I haven't worked for a Spanish-language television station, I have had several close friends who have and I know how things run on the English side.

A few of your observations are accurate. However, the majority of them are unsubstantiated bashing of people and an industry you don't know or understand.

The fact that many of these Spanish-language stations are able to put on a newscast at all is remarkable. They operate on shoestring budgets, and yes, they have only a fraction of the money the English-language stations have.

The fact that you can make so many broad statements with no documentation, qualification, or proof makes me wonder just what kind of "freelance news reporter" you are. I hope that your reporting is more accurate and informed than your forum posts.

The fact that many of these Spanish-language stations are able to put on a newscast at all is remarkable. They operate on shoestring budgets, and yes, they have only a fraction of the money the English-language stations have.

I agree..... I don't watch much of the local Spanish stations, but I think the quality of their Newscasts, reflects their budgets. If Miguel has a chance to watch CNN in Espa

• The title was changed to Spanish Media Locally

Archived