The best retro soundtrack songs.

Pumapayam

Such an 80's video; it definitely did not age well over time, but damn, the song is still the power ballad jam. I just need a karaoke partner now. . . ^_^

Kim Cattrall did not stray to far from character in each role, between Porky's and Sex and the City.

What is it with '80s singing acts that like to clinch their fists in front of their chests? That's something I always do myself while emulating an '80s singer.

Glen Medeiros does a lot of fist clinching in this video for "Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You". I don't think it's from an '80s movie soundtrack, but it's from the '80s and one of my favorite love songs from the decade.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SuxZK8hwn8g

It's hard to believe he was just 16 when he sang that.

• 4 years later...

To go even slightly farther off topic, but completely related and actually completely on topic, Tony Scott (Ridley Scott's brother, who directed Bladerunner) committed suicide this weekend, while none of his movies were referenced in the OP, one should at least be a part of the amazing 1980s soundtracks...

Top Gun.

Danger Zone and Take My Breath Away are certainly some iconic songs of the 80s

To go even slightly farther off topic, but completely related and actually completely on topic, Tony Scott (Ridley Scott's brother, who directed Bladerunner) committed suicide this weekend, while none of his movies were referenced in the OP, one should at least be a part of the amazing 1980s soundtracks...

Top Gun.

Excellent. I was wondering when someone would connect the dots. :)

Top Gun.

I don't know if I would go so far as to use the i-word, but I will admit that those are songs that I found cringe-worthy at the time (along with the movie), but that gain some charm after being slathered with a few decades of nostalgia.

Just because it is iconic doesn't mean it's any good. ;)

I didn't and still don't like Take my Breath Away, but that doesn't mean it doesn't conjure up memories of the mid 80s.

I really enjoyed Danger Zone as a kid, and as the bass riff is running through my head, along with the lyrics, it just seems exceedingly cheesy, but again, it also brings up memories of the mid 80s.

But then, it's probably just that they're iconic to me, and this is about the best retro soundtracks, not iconic songs of the 80s that were on soundtracks, so even in thinking I was on topic, I was off :lol:

Archived