Southeast Houston Allen Ranch Link

Just an FYI Nena, there is a section on Haif for "Other neigborhoods around Houston". Like for topics on Pasadena, South Houston which are totally different worlds from East End.

Just dont want to confuse those not familiar with our city. :P

Thanks!

Just an FYI Nena, there is a section on Haif for "Other neigborhoods around Houston". Like for topics on Pasadena, South Houston which are totally different worlds from East End.

Just dont want to confuse those not familiar with our city. :P

Thanks!

Knew you would be my one responder, haha, info. noted, this might help others...I grew up in what we called "SouthEast" Houston, people are confused about where the "East End" ends, and the Southeast part of Houston begins. I'm sure long-time residents have differing opinions on that. I grew up on land that was once part of the Allen Ranch, (Off Allen-Genoa Rd.), borderline of Houston & Pasadena & South Houston, depends upon the road you were on. I attended Houston schools. Drifted into Pasadena, for shopping, on a daily basis, with mom. My grandparents all lived in what was referred to as the East End (GGrand. - Magnolia Park(Central Park), Grand. - Pecan Park). The Allen Ranch encompassed a huge area of land, at one time, Park Place, Mykawa area was part of it. Just one tidbit - The railroad line that runs parallel to Old Galveston Rd. hauled the ranchers cattle to be shipped to New Orleans from Harrisburg. :wacko: Confusing, I know! Also, Mr. Allen was no relation to the Houston city founders.

Moderators can move this, if they like, to the other catagory. I personally think it needs to be under a new title - called Southeast Houston, with Clear Lake included.

Moderators can move this, if they like, to the other catagory. I personally think it needs to be under a new title - called Southeast Houston, with Clear Lake included.

Agreed, sadly there never seems to be enough participation from those areas on Haif? Even the few Pasadenan's that once posted seem to have vanished? It's like everyone just headed for the hills!

Ja! :lol:

• The title was changed to Southeast Houston Allen Ranch Link

Archived