I stepped on a roach

Trae

I was coming back from the kitchen with my bagel and jelly on it (as well as a glass of orange juice), and I was about to enter my room, I stepped on something that crunched (I'm bare footed, too). Well, I pick my foot up, and there is a roach just laying there with its legs out. It wasn't there before. I stare at it for a bit, then come in my room and type this post.

The roach is still there. I'll probably throw it away later on. I really don't feel like getting off my relaxing bed.

Late night story from Trae.

I was coming back from the kitchen with my bagel and jelly on it (as well as a glass of orange juice), and I was about to enter my room, I stepped on something that crunched (I'm bare footed, too). Well, I pick my foot up, and there is a roach just laying there with its legs out. It wasn't there before. I stare at it for a bit, then come in my room and type this post.

The roach is still there. I'll probably throw it away later on. I really don't feel like getting off my relaxing bed.

Late night story from Trae.

Ew.

I HATE stepping/crunching/crushing insects. I'd rather catch them and throw them in the toilet.

I squashed a roach one time with my bare hand that was crawling along the wall. That is not the disgusting part.

The "innards" left over on the wall were BLUE in color. I don't know if the roach had ingested something weird, but I was truly creeped out.

And then plummet to a wet spirally--literally crappy--death. Very nice.

Well, I do have a bit of a sadistic streak in me, though; but I just can't get myself to crush a those bugs. It makes me go "ick."

My girlfriends used to look at me in amusement and horror when I wouldn't do their bidding and smash the things, but grabbed and took care of them. I AM fond of spiders, I usually toss them out the door.

And then plummet to a wet spirally--literally crappy--death. Very nice.

They. Don't. Die.

Last time I thread an alive roach down the toilet, my sister came screaming out of the bathroom a few hours later, as the roach was crawling backup. I watched the thing go down the first time.

Flying cockroaches are proof the God likes to mess with us every now and then.

I hate the flying ones, but for some reason the scurrying around on the floor or wall is much worse to me. Ugh. I could live in a world with no insects and be just fine, I don't care what other ecological effect it would have. I would rather have to fight a bear or a lion than wake up with some kind of spider or cockroach on me.

I remember in high school killing a roach with my bare hand as it tried to run by when I was sitting in the hall at school, so I think it's getting worse as I get older, maybe I should seek out a spider/roach-fearing support group. Specifically those two, I guess other insects don't bother me much. I get some pleasure out of getting stung by a bee by trying to find it so I can watch it die. Serves it right.

They really don't bother me that much, unless they are up near my food. Frankly, a couple of cockroaches scurrying around is far less harmful to us than the cancer causing solutions we spray to get rid of them....over and over and over. I have actually stopped spraying for them, and instead started investing in airtight food containers. Well, except for those cancer causing food containers. :blush:

Ew.

I HATE stepping/crunching/crushing insects. I'd rather catch them and throw them in the toilet.

I throw them in the toilet too, but I feel a bit guilty, is it just prolonging torture? But I tossed them in the toilet to be rid of them becuase I worry that they are still alive even if I squeeze them and they might crawl out of the trash can in the middle of the night. I just rather not see them. :unsure:

Sometimes I am nice and those stupid large mosquito thingy's that bounce around in the air, I will simply lightly catch them in my hands and open the door and tossed them out. :blush:

Back to Trae, don't you have roach gut juice on your feet, and now in your bed. . . something to think about. . . :ph34r:

I HATE roaches. I have some sort of deathly fear of them for some reason. My parents laugh at me sometimes because of it.

I have actually had nightmare where I have woken up in the middle of the night in a sweat and all freaked out about infestations in my house. lol, sounds lame I know.

I HATE roaches. I have some sort of deathly fear of them for some reason. My parents laugh at me sometimes because of it.

I have actually had nightmare where I have woken up in the middle of the night in a sweat and all freaked out about infestations in my house. lol, sounds lame I know.

When I was little, I use to have nightmares of a roach the size of a dog crawling into my room. Like just ramming into my door breaking it down. Imagine that. I hate hearing the big ones nowadays crawl around and stuff, imagine a monster roach like that. :wacko:

And who is the one from Clutchfans?

Edited by Trae

Big cockroaches are bad this time of year. Last night I beat one with a broom and then swept it into the garage. I can't sleep if I know one is crawling around.

The other night kitty and i were on the couch HAIFing (okay...she was napping, *I* was HAIFing) when we heard something in a corner.

Kitty heard it just before me as we were trying to figure it what it was, we heard it scraping against something and kitty bolted into action.

Next thing I know I saw a large roach running for its life with kitty hot on its heels. She had something to play with and snack on for awhile. It was fascinating watching a "Trials of Life" episode live in my living room.

Edited by ricco67

They really don't bother me that much, unless they are up near my food. Frankly, a couple of cockroaches scurrying around is far less harmful to us than the cancer causing solutions we spray to get rid of them....over and over and over. I have actually stopped spraying for them, and instead started investing in airtight food containers. Well, except for those cancer causing food containers. :blush:

I saw... two roaches... big ones... grabbed the can of "roach killer"... sprayed them... but they didn't curl up and kick their feet, like I am used to seeing. They kept running - like it was nothing. I was really impressed with the stream of chemical coming from the can - could spray up to 10 feet, it seemed. I was stumped. How could this NOT be killing them??? Spray more. Then I realized, I had grabbed the can of Wasp Killer. Did nothing to the roaches. It is amazing. Because Wasp Killer will instantly kill wasps (they just fall out of the sky). Roach killer will

Why do cats like roaches so much? Are they juicy?

Cats and some dogs - like my JR terrier mix - are genetically wired to be hunters. They instinctively go after anything small that moves, such as insects, rodents, birds, etc. Once they attack and bite, the prey becomes a toy, a snack, or both.

Cats and some dogs - like my JR terrier mix - are genetically wired to be hunters. They instinctively go after anything small that moves, such as insects, rodents, birds, etc. Once they attack and bite, the prey becomes a toy, a snack, or both.

Don't forget a gift or trophy. I was in the kitchen when kitty was kind enough to bring in a (still quite alive) squirrel in its mouth. My friend and I just sat there dumbfounded as it dropped it on the floor, held it down with a paw and meowed "I love you! Here is my gift to you" while the poor rodent whispered "help me! Mercy!" to me.

I grabbed kitty and rubbed her in thanks while my friend took the squirrel outside for a break at freedom with only a bite or two on it.

We laughed hysterically, so did kitty. The squirrel, not so much.

They really don't bother me that much, unless they are up near my food. Frankly, a couple of cockroaches scurrying around is far less harmful to us than the cancer causing solutions we spray to get rid of them....over and over and over.

Lets see the data.

I saw... two roaches... big ones... grabbed the can of "roach killer"... sprayed them... but they didn't curl up and kick their feet, like I am used to seeing. They kept running - like it was nothing. I was really impressed with the stream of chemical coming from the can - could spray up to 10 feet, it seemed. I was stumped. How could this NOT be killing them??? Spray more. Then I realized, I had grabbed the can of Wasp Killer. Did nothing to the roaches. It is amazing. Because Wasp Killer will instantly kill wasps (they just fall out of the sky). Roach killer will

What kind of roach spray have you been using that roaches would stop immediately, turn over, and start kicking air? I use Raid, but it seems like they're just as likely to run around frantically for several minutes as they are to charge at me and try to crawl up a leg.

After they crawl up the leg, do they die of disappointment? :)

Seriously, though, I'm finding that roaches are seemingly getting tough. Maybe they're starting to form little gangs.

Seriously, though, I'm finding that roaches are seemingly getting tough. Maybe they're starting to form little gangs.

They are. Roaches travel in packs now. You only see one at a time, but they are there.

Yeah, I've never gotten it. My wife and daughter get all incapacitated with fear (in other words, freaked out) when they see one. My readers will remember the story I told about disassembling my office phone and being swarmed by little German cockroaches.

It's not that big a deal. Brush 'em off, step on them, wash your hands, take a shower if you want. Why spray when you can squish?

And yes, I take the male mosquitoes outside, too. Can't bring myself to kill anything that looks that pathetic.

Axe and you shall receive. :)

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...st&p=166621 (Post #17)

There are several more posts from me and others about roach experiences, but this one is the initial posting of the phone story.

I think I can remember that one topic or similar. :blink:

I found a huge one in my dress shoe while in 2nd grade class. Discreetly removed my shoe and let it crookedly zig zag across the floor and yelled "Oh my god its a roach" all the girls screamed and it was complete mayhem. I went along and pretended it came from nowhere.

Advice: Always look inside your shoes when in a hurry dressing for grade school. Ugh, still get nautious.