Midtown Market Rates

Can anyone tell me the land value in midtown? Of course it depends on location, but just wanted a ballpark figure for any properties traded within the past year.

I've seen some lots go for $60/sqft and Ive seen some lots go for double that all in the past 12 months.

go to http://www.commgate.com/

Do a property search. The code for Midtown is 220.

Have fun...

Can anyone tell me the land value in midtown? Of course it depends on location, but just wanted a ballpark figure for any properties traded within the past year.

I've been doing some research to fight my property taxes and HCAD has raised land values by 125% across the board in my developments case. I put everything into a spreadsheet and what I discovered is that they adjust the land values up to 125% compared to last year and then adjust the improved value accordingly.

I've seen some lots go for $60/sqft and Ive seen some lots go for double that all in the past 12 months.

go to http://www.commgate.com/

Do a property search. The code for Midtown is 220.

Have fun...

Thanks. I've seen some recent listings in the upper $70's/sf for land with obsolete structures on top. I'm not a developer, but I just don't see the economics working at that price. I also don't see the price of townhomes increasing at those rates. Must be the national retailers driving up the price?

• The title was changed to Midtown Market Rates