Classy Chassis 2008

marmer

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26275610@N03/...57605512378553/

A few interesting things. I didn't bother with Corvettes, '57 Chevys, T-buckets, or '32 Ford-based hot rods. There seem to be more and more of those at concours events, and I already have enough pictures of that ilk.

The first several pictures are of various exotics on an autocross track set up in the Reliant Stadium parking lot. If you made a donation to United Cerebral Palsy you could take a thirty-second lap with a pro driver in one of those. Lots of Italian V-12 music and tire squealing. I didn't do it because I was short on cash but next time I definitely will.

This was probably the best grouping of Bugattis in the entire world. In addition, there were three very interesting custom/concept Packards.

Careful what you ask for! One of my biggest hobbies is going to car shows and museums and taking pictures. The first year that I had a digital camera I took 700 pictures at Keels and Wheels.

The only other set I have on Flickr is the one from this year's Keels and Wheels. That's about the same number of pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26275610@N03/...57604889879289/

I was gonna enter my Cutlass this year, but they said they were tired of me winning. ;)

Actually, it is in the shop, I had to pull the engine AGAIN, because of an oil problem, and I thought I threw a rod bearing again, but apparently it was just some melted spark wires that caused a knocking on the sparks because there was NO combustion !!! Changing it all over to HEI, and should have it back by Saturday.

If you get some time, you can see a whole bunch of pics I took at the Longhorn Show up in Old Town Spring last year.

http://www.clubhotrod.com/photopost/showga...e=12&sort=1

• 11 months later...

Well, the thread title is "Classy Chassis 2008" but I guess I'll use it to remind every one that the 2009 show will be held on Sunday, June 14th. Proceeds benefit Shriners Hospitals so that makes the ever increasing ticket prices bearable. Also, if you go to the Reliant Park web site there is a link to a $5 coupon for admission.

Really, I'm not complaining about the price of admission. Part of the money goes to a good cause and it is a very nice show. While not as large as Keels 'n' Wheels there are some very nice automobiles and it is indoors and air conditioned. I really like the diffuse light coming from the translucent roof at Reliant Stadium. It makes taking pictures so much easier.

Last year there was a significant group of Bugattis but one car I will always remember is a red Alfa Romeo coupe from the late 60s. The owner was a young man (late 20s or early 30s) who had restored the car himself. There is a good variety at the show - everything from classics to hot rods to race cars to modern exotics.

I'm taking my 74-year-old father and 19-year-old son. We will go have steaks after and have a nice early Father's Day.

Archived