What to do tonight?

Sometimes I think I know Houston, then other times, like now, I just have no clue.

Supposed to take out friends from out of town tonight... They will give no indication or preference for activities/food. none. "down for whatever" uh huh.

I've been caught up in work and can't think straight. :( So I have no idea, and HATE driving around aimlessly....

any ideas guys? just to get my brain stirring? :unsure: we're early 20's

Sometimes I think I know Houston, then other times, like now, I just have no clue.

Supposed to take out friends from out of town tonight... They will give no indication or preference for activities/food. none. "down for whatever" uh huh.

I've been caught up in work and can't think straight. :( So I have no idea, and HATE driving around aimlessly....

if you want to eat and then go clubbing later, Midtown. Head to Fish and next door to either Komodo or the Front Porch.

:unsure: we're early 20's

Good thing you indicated the age group, thats what matters. It always seems like Midtown is the place for the 20-30ish crowd. (Majority any way) It all depends on music preference, likes, dislikes.

Thats what I miss about LA they always had that LA Weekly free paper that was just great about mention of weekend stuff to do. Good luck!

What the heck just fly over to LA for the weekend! :lol:

http://www.laweekly.com/

Yeah I wish Houston had a "what's going on this weekend" website like NYC, Chicago, DC, etc. have.

Ummmm, we DO have something like a "what's going on around Houston?" thing. I believe it is on Click2Houston.com. Lemme go look.

Here ya go.

http://www.click2houston.com/download/2008/0603/16475876.pdf

This may be a little better though.

http://www.houstonpress.com/

thanks guys - keep em comin, any new restaurants? clubs?

if you want to eat and then go clubbing later, Midtown. Head to Fish and next door to either Komodo or the Front Porch.

not a bad idea. where is best parking around there? komodo and fp are pretty chill, i'd love to go somewhere that has a little more action (whether thats a metal band or a dance club, or..? )

Yeah I wish Houston had a "what's going on this weekend" website like NYC, Chicago, DC, etc. have.

yeah, ive looked at the Houston Press site, a couple blogs, but nothing is jumping out

The Astros are playing the Cards tonight, all the bars around MMP will be jammed.

what are the bars around there? i never go out downtown... just know the BUS

Let's narrow this down a bit. Exactly WHAT kind of trouble are you looking to get into tonight ? <_<:)

the kind you tell stories about years later?

And does it involve Dollar bills and G-strings?

NO!

And does it involve Dollar bills and G-strings?

Ricco was just making sure he didn't need to wash HIS G-string. :lol:

Hmmmm, "the kind you tell stories about...." Well, you could always do a late night at the Pink Monkey ? Go cruise down Richmond at 2am and take a chance at getting shot ? Have some drinks at a local watering hole, and you may get a glimpse at celebdom. Apparently Sean Penn and Brad Pitt are shooting or scouting a movie here.

I don't use no stinkin' G-string, I got a speedo!

I'd recommend Rich's for after hours, if you want higher end, hit Drake, or for HIGHER end, hit ZaZa's bar.

Hmmmm, "the kind you tell stories about...." Well, you could always do a late night at the Pink Monkey ? Go cruise down Richmond at 2am and take a chance at getting shot ? Have some drinks at a local watering hole, and you may get a glimpse at celebdom. Apparently Sean Penn and Brad Pitt are shooting or scouting a movie here.

haha ive always heard about PM. its 2am after right? any more info on it? i suspect its not too safe

haha ive always heard about PM. its 2am after right? any more info on it? i suspect its not too safe

Want something safe or something Memorable? You can't always have one without the other. :)

I don't use no stinkin' G-string, I got a speedo!

I'd recommend Rich's for after hours, if you want higher end, hit Drake, or for HIGHER end, hit ZaZa's bar.

always heard about Rich's too, never been - whats the atmosphere/crowd like?

we've done Drake and had a good time. Zaza is a cool place but $12.50 cocktails put a damper

suggestions on food? nothing formal

More Montrose-oriented suggestions, staying on the inexpensive side:

(1) Dinner: Cafe Montrose (or, if you want to do local food, maybe La Mexicana)

(2) Bar: Poison Girl or Boondocks or Etro or Catbird's

(3) Club: Numbers (around midnight) or South Beach

Or some combination thereof. All generally within walking distance of each other. But these aren't Drake or Zaza kind of places - agreed midtown or downtown would be better for that scene.

It is the perfect place if you truly want to express your inner "ghetto wannabe thug."

Always something to see at Mama's Cafe on Westheimer at 3am, or across the street at House of Guys.......I mean Pies.

Something should be shaking at the Miller Outdoor Theater right? It's a hop skip and a jump from Montrose and Westheimer with plenty of restaurants and bars.

It is the perfect place if you truly want to express your inner "ghetto wannabe thug."

Always something to see at Mama's Cafe on Westheimer at 3am, or across the street at House of Guys.......I mean Pies.

LOL - could be good for a laugh, depends how many strays we dodge

i'll research the montrose places

cheers guys

To save you a bit of time on researching the clubs, Numbers will be a mix of young alternative kids and some older 20's-younger 30's remembering their days as young alternakids. Dance music, dancefloor, cheap drinks. South Beach is primarily a gay dance club, but gets its share of straight people who like the dancing and atmosphere. Both make for some entertaining people-watching.

Something should be shaking at the Miller Outdoor Theater right? It's a hop skip and a jump from Montrose and Westheimer with plenty of restaurants and bars.

Sure Macbro, we can rent a couple of Rascal scooters and cruise around M.O.T. WTH are you talking about. ;):lol: This guy is in his 20's. :rolleyes:

Sure Macbro, we can rent a couple of Rascal scooters and cruise around M.O.T. WTH are you talking about. ;):lol: This guy is in his 20's. :rolleyes:

M.O.T.... too old-fashioned?

LOL

See ... MOT ... lookie here. Who wouldn't like an old-fashioned polka party?!?

Several Dancers Core presents

LOL - could be good for a laugh, depends how many strays we dodge

cheers guys

Not sure if your into jazz or not, but Scott Gertners Skybar is a great place to take out of towners. It's got a great view of the entire city, and has some great bands. It's right on the corner of Montrose and Hawthorn..

Thai FOOD AT Nit Noi for Son in laws Bday!!! Coffee and dessert to follow!!

Then home to watch our friends New TV program at Midnight on Channel 55

:D

check out their Mission Home on their website. www.nbt.org someone gave them that hotel structure for their ministry south of mexico city, its awesome!!!

Global Force TV www.globalforcetv.com

Tommorrow we head to the Bahamas to Evangelize, so that will be a whole different cuisine and plans tommorrow night, I'll keep ya posted!!!

B)

Archived