Court At Museum's Gate Condominiums At 4004 Montrose Blvd.

I redid the floors, all new SS kitchen appliances, some hardware (door knobs, mirrors, some lighting etc), tore out a bad closet and rebuilt it, had the outside planters redone, and all new paint. I reseated the toilets since removing the tile in the bathrooms. The cabinetry is original as well as faucets and shower.

The people in 4004 are great. I too was torn between new construction and a place with charm like this and obviously came to like the neighborhood and character over the first time owner feel.

LOL Lowbrow,

I figured you might think this was funny, yes I do believe it is your condo. I just wondered if anyone else might know anything useful to her about the building or neighborhood. I noticed in the Museum District Forum you asked similar questions before purchasing the place. By the way, thanks for the info about the updates you have made. I'm sure she will be checking this place out soon.

• 4 weeks later...
I have a close friend searching for a townhome/condo. She is wanting a more established neighborhood, such as Monrose, West U, Museum District. We are interested in a property at 4004 Montrose, The Court at Museums Gate. Does anyone know anything about the building? What about neighborhood trends as far as appreciation/depreciation? I think that the place is pretty nice and the location is nearly unbeatable. We have, however, found new construction for about the same price ($174,900) in the Museum District as well as Rice Military.

At one time The Court at Museums Gate had bad roof problems. If you go to the roof you will see their attempt to fix the problem. It may not be an issue now but it was a big issue in the past. During Allison the parking area flooded (as did many other areas) and I was told there was a special assesment added to the monthly maintenance fee to cover the costs.

I really like the building and location but would want to know if the roof situation was settled.

Is your friend still looking for a townhome/condo? A client of mine is about to close on a wonderful property in midtown, very close to the museum district. It is a condo in a historical building right across from a great park. The property has an amazing courtyard with a fountain. Makes me want to sell my house in the Heights and move there!!

Let me know if your friend is interested. I'd be happy to send him/her more information.

Joanne Vest

Realtor

Hartman & Associates

713-825-3010 cell

713-861-2004 office

joanne@hartman-associates.com

• 7 years later...

Since this was one of the only threads on the property online I thought I would provide an update on how things are going at CMG. When looking at HAR list prices don't assume that the HOA fees listed are accurate. At the most recent all resident meeting it was suggested that the fees should be increased about 30% or more per unit. Also don't take many of the photos you see online of the property as accurate. This property has suffered from mismanagement of funds and therefor many things are not as they appear. You may see photos of a beautiful fountain on HAR or elsewhere. That fountain has not worked for almost a year. In addition there is not hot tub/spa at the pool area. This is also broken and has been for over a year. Apparently the HOA is spending funds to improve the landscaping and not worrying about things that are written into the bylaws (which have not been updated). Simple things that are promised in the paperwork by the HOA such as window washing and spraying the community to pests are not done. You are expected to hire someone to wash your windows and use Raid within your unit. In addition to all of this the elevator which is supposed to take people from the parking level to the main level of the complex is constantly in disrepair. This is unfortunate because there are people who live here who need handicap access and no longer have that. The management company and the HOA are likely to blame for many of the issues at this property. The management company does little and what it can do the HOA tries to work around so they can have more control. The accounting at the management company is also disturbingly bad.

Most of the issues that are being seen in the property now are the result of prior mismanagement of funds on the part of a previous HOA. The roof repair after Allison/Rita/Ike one of them was not well done and as a result most units have leaks or worse. The property is working with another contractor now to figure out how to fix the roof repair which is priority with the funds so expect to see little to no work done around the complex until that is complete. 

I thought that this was a great deal when I moved in but I'm not sure anymore. Buyer beware.

• 2 weeks later...

The newly elected CAMG HOA Board of Directors is working diligently to serve our community and its members. Care and maintenance of our property is our priority.

HOA's require leadership and cooperation. The majority of the newly elected Board of Directors are new owners at CAMG .  We love the location and character of the CAMG.  We decided the best way to improve the maintenance of our property was to get involved. As new directors on the Board, we welcome anyone who wants to be a part of the solution and assist us in maintaining our property and protecting its value.  When we work together, our property and our community benefits.  

If anyone has specific questions and would like accurate information about our wonderful community,  please feel free to contact one of our Board members, Carrie Courtney, at carriecourtney@outlook.com    She will be happy to speak with you.  

Regards,

CAMG Board of Directors. 

• The title was changed to The Courts At Museum Gate Condominiums
  • The title was changed to Court At Museum's Gate Condominiums At 4004 Montrose Blvd.