Is Dallas A Beautiful City?

Is Dallas beautiful?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Is Dallas beautiful?

• YES
    • HELL NO
    • KIND OF
    • DON'T CARE

If that really happened you should call the Dallas media and or hire a lawyer to go after them for deprevation of civil rights. However, I sincerely doubt the police would use tear gas just to make people go home after bar drinking.

this is definitely a true story. it was right outside of eight lounge saturday (3/12) night in lower greenville (across from the taco cabana). they don't want big crowds forming because so many fights break out, but usually they just yell and try to get people to leave.

there were maybe 6 cops there, 2 with paintball guns. without warning, one shot maybe 4-5 times at the wall above us. i was in the front of the crowd closest to the cops, and something hit me in the head (it wasn't very painful so i'm guessing i got grazed or it was ricochet, but they were firing right over our heads). there was a white substance in my hair, i never saw it since my girlfriend wiped it off. then my left eye started burning really bad, and everyone around us started feeling burning in their mouth/nose. i don't know what it was, not paintballs for sure. and there was something in the air, i'm guessing some type of irritant. i can have several people corroborate what happend.

i don't have the time or money to hire a lawyer. especially considering (i'm not turning this into a race issue, i hope no one takes this the wrong way, it just doesn't help my situation) it would be an indian club patron vs the dallas police.

i'm hoping if this is a regular occurrence (which it has not been, cause my brother goes out there all the time and was shocked to hear about it) in the future they will be stopped.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is really humorous how some of these guys are trying to make Dallas out to be.  Surprised this topic has not been closed yet.

i never jump in to these dallas/houston wars. my brother lives there (and i was born there) and i visit at least once every few months. i have no big problems with dallas, and it has its positives/negatives compared to houston.

i had friends there from boston/memphis/st. louis for a comedy show, and we had a great weekend except for that incident, which i hope was isolated.

i just needed to vent...

i never jump in to these dallas/houston wars. my brother lives there (and i was born there) and i visit at least once every few months. i have no big problems with dallas, and it has its positives/negatives compared to houston.

i had friends there from boston/memphis/st. louis for a comedy show, and we had a great weekend except for that incident, which i hope was isolated.

i just needed to vent...

well sorry for the wrong interpretation. With everything that usually gets said in these threads that turn to the Houston vs. Dallas, this easily is interpreted as an attack against Dallas.

Usually stay clear of these as well with this thread being an exception.

You stayed in Dallas' equivalent of the fifth ward. Good job judging the whole metro area based on the ghetto and views from the freeways.

Think about it -- if you were to build a nice house -- would you choose to build it next to a highway or someplace peaceful and serene?

If your definition of beauty is the suburban sprawl of Houston or Plano -- then our ideas of "beauty" are completely different.

Look, i'm going to be nice this time responding to your reply. you can show me pictures as much as you want, but at the same time i can show you beautiful parts of houston or of any city for that matter. If a city is considered beautiful ,i won't have to go find it . it will hit me right in the face. Cities like San Francisco, Portland, Seattle and etc.... with these cities, id on't have to drive to ac ertain area of town to see It's beauty. It's everywhere. I'm just responding to people who think it's pretty. In my opinion, it really isn't. It's just funny how people call houston ugly and i can post as many pictures of it's nice parts as you can of dallas... but dallas is pretty and houston isn't? It's funny how that works. Posting your pictures is just a waste of time. You're wasting my time and yours.

So let me get this straight. Some folks are so biased against Dallas, that this is not pretty:

FallColors028.jpg

FallColors041.jpg

FallColors033.jpg

FallColors034.jpg

FallColors023.jpg

FallColors022.jpg

Picture101.jpg

These are all pictures taken 3 miles or less from downtown Dallas. If you can't find parts of Dallas that are pretty -- you're blind.

I don't think anyone with half a brain is saying that there aren't pretty parts of Dallas but to say that it's a beautiful city is goofy. I travel constantly and I can assure you that Dallas is not as a whole a beautiful city. Go to Portland or Seattle, those are beautiful cities.

These pictures you show are nice but there are just as many great pictures if not more of Houston out there. Houston has some fantastic parts in it's inner city and I will take it a step further and say yes, the great height of this city makes it more beautiful than Dallas.

Finally, I find it strange that the pro Dallas people always slam the pro Houston people for promoting this inner state rivalry when I have yet to see one Dallasite take it on the chin and walk away. I've only been listening to this rivalry for a few years but it seems to me that it's the pro Dallas people that are worried about Houston taking the front seat. I don't know maybe I'm wrong but it sure seems like it to me.

Go to Portland or Seattle, those are beautiful cities.

You guys are making me feel it was foolish of me to move from Seattle, which everyone think of as a beautiful city, to Houston which surely isn't counted among the pretty ones. :(

Just kidding! I had my reasons. Besides, I lived in Seattle for long a time to see its every inch many times over so it was time to move on.

Look, i'm going to be nice this time responding to your reply. you can show me pictures as much as you want, but  at  the same time i can show you beautiful parts of houston or of any city for that matter. If a city is considered  beautiful ,i won't have to go find it . it will hit me right in the face. Cities like San Francisco, Portland, Seattle and etc.... with these cities, id on't have to drive to ac ertain area of town to see It's beauty. It's everywhere. I'm just responding to people who think it's pretty. In my opinion, it really isn't. It's just funny how people call houston ugly and i can post as many pictures of it's nice parts as you can of dallas... but dallas is pretty and houston isn't? It's funny how that works. Posting your pictures is just a waste of time. You're wasting my time and yours.

I have NEVER said Houston was ugly. It has beautiful parts also. The issue you presented was whether Dallas was pretty. It was NOT whether Dallas was prettier than Houston. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Your constant posts prove you were looking for the bad in Dallas, and sure enough -- you found it.

I don't think anyone with half a brain is saying that there aren't pretty parts of Dallas but to say that it's a beautiful city is goofy. I travel constantly and I can assure you that Dallas is not as a whole a beautiful city. Go to Portland or Seattle, those are beautiful cities.

These pictures you show are nice but there are just as many great pictures if not more of Houston out there. Houston has some fantastic parts in it's inner city and I will take it a step further and say yes, the great height of this city makes it more beautiful than Dallas.

Finally, I find it strange that the pro Dallas people always slam the pro Houston people for promoting this inner state rivalry when I have yet to see one Dallasite take it on the chin and walk away. I've only been listening to this rivalry for a few years but it seems to me that it's the pro Dallas people that are worried about Houston taking the front seat. I don't know maybe I'm wrong but it sure seems like it to me.

AGAIN -- The issue presented WAS NOT whether Houston was more beautiful than Dallas. The issue presented was simply -- "is Dallas a pretty city." The pictures I posted show that. Houston is also a pretty city. Houston and Dallas don't have naturally eye-pleasing topography of rolling hills and beautiful blue water. Therefore, most of our beauty is man-made.

Both cities are VERY similar in terms of beauty. The winner of the beauty contest is in the eye of the beholder. Therefore, the Houston Boosters will always pick Houston and the Dallas boosters will always pick Dallas. Both cities are pretty and could learn from each other.

However, I wish we could act like gentlemen instead of insecure street thugs.

SpaceCity, don't worry. There are individuals on this board that continuously damage their individual credibility, to the point where they rarely, if ever, are taken seriously. Their posts (and these people know who they are) are nothing more than "filler" commentary. They rarely add substantive information to the discussions here. If other forumers would ignore their posts, in due time they WILL BE rendered irrelevant.

AGAIN -- The issue presented WAS NOT whether Houston was more beautiful than Dallas. The issue presented was simply -- "is Dallas a pretty city." The pictures I posted show that. Houston is also a pretty city. Houston and Dallas don't have naturally eye-pleasing topography of rolling hills and beautiful blue water.  Therefore, most of our beauty is man-made.

Both cities are VERY similar in terms of beauty. The winner of the beauty contest is in the eye of the beholder. Therefore, the Houston Boosters will always pick Houston and the Dallas boosters will always pick Dallas. Both cities are pretty and could learn from each other.

Your pictures show niceparticular parts of dallas. That's all. That alone is not enough to consider a city beautiful. If that's the case ,every city in america is beautiful. every city has It's nice parts... you know that. your pictures were nice , but for the city as a whole....It's not enough.However, I wish YOU could reach down and pull your head out of ( you know where).

Archived