First white Valedictorian from Morehouse

gwilson

I personally believe the whole slavery issue is simply history. I do not understand how someone could hold a grudge for something so long ago. memebag, how could you say the slavery thing as some kind of justice for blacks saying racial things to whites? Its not right, for anyone, no matter what color.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I personally believe the whole slavery issue is simply history. I do not understand how someone could hold a grudge for something so long ago. memebag, how could you say the slavery thing as some kind of justice for blacks saying racial things to whites? Its not right, for anyone, no matter what color.

I didn't say slavery was some kind of justice for black saying racial things to whites. Read my posts again, please. Slavery is history. So are Jim Crow laws, segregation, some discrimination, a little bit of inherited wealth disparity, etc. My point was that race is still an issue in the US, and white people aren't on the short end of that stick. Being more upset by racial slurs doesn't mean someone is holding a grudge; it means there's more going on than just words. It's easy for me (a white man) to say get over it and don't be so upset, but the truth is I've benefited from the same institutions that black people have suffered from.

Archived