It's The End of the World as we know it!

Vertigo58

This is a subject that is never ending as far as thoughts or predictions but there was one film that just really stood out for me anyway. In fact we had a topic about the film The Day After a while back.

Miracle Mile 1989

was one of particular interest. I was living/working in LA at the time and saw near UCLA campus (Westwood Village) at the Bruin Theater. My job was actually about 2 miles on Wilshire down the street from the focal point of the film. :( It is known as The Miracle Mile in LA. Seems like yesterday.

All I can say is everyone practically staggered out of the theater. Talk about thought-provoking. What was so great about it was it's simplicity and a fantastic soundtrack that I have not seen matched since by Tangerine Dream. (buy the soundtrack people). You should recognize some of the actors from the Bratpack? In any case this was a very unusual and (maybe seriously depressing film) but it makes you really, really appreciate the people around you. This place is not as bad as we sometimes whine about. Be sure to read the comments under from You tube!

PS, you would have to see this on a theater screen to really feel the real impact and sound, especially the final blast!

and it all is a result of a simple phone call in the middle of the night...

Here is a sampling:

51FYBBRDT2L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Never seen that movie, but have been catching up on first seasons of Jericho on UniversalHD (or is it HDNet?).

I clearly remember the poster in the theater window stating it was a recent winner at The Sunrise Film Festival? Forgive me its been years but its these kind of under-publicized films that usually become huge hits. While I'm sure critics may have slammed it (typical) that what makes me want to see the films even more!

This is one of those films that you should see without interruption so you can study the dialogue and timing and detail to each scene. The cinematography was excellent. Love that scene of the moon crossing the sky and it plays into the music just perfect.

I just have the old VHS but I need to grab the DVD as it may have behind-the-scenes footage. This one is way at the top of my all time fav's. Very personal indeed. :P

Last I heard from old pal's in LA that Big Boy restaurant is now gone. Miracle Mile has been totally changed as in most of our lovely cities.

Miracle Mile 1960's

miracle2.jpg

Edited by Vertigo58