2BR/2BA Perry Townhouse (HEIGHTS) for $148,000

Want to live in the Heights?? I have a 2 bedroom 2 bath townhouse that was built in late 2003 by Perry Homes. It has 1,467 sq feet.

PRICE REDUCED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Excellent condition. Just minutes to Downtown and the Medical Center. Great location with easy access to the freeways. Huge Master Bedroom and walk-in closets.

http://search.har.com/engine/doSearch.cfm?...&FOR_SALE=1

If the link doesn't work, go to www.har.com and enter in MLS # 1339147 or enter in the address (1727 Redwing Ridge).

Also available for rent at $1,250.

Call or Email me if you have any questions.

t_le32@hotmail.com

post-6143-1210621885_thumb.jpg

post-6143-1210621898_thumb.jpg

post-6143-1210621902_thumb.jpg

post-6143-1210621909_thumb.jpg

post-6143-1210621933_thumb.jpg

post-6143-1210621940_thumb.jpg

It is ROUGH over there off Airline. You couldn't pay me to live in that ghetto.

Oh quit your belly-achin' nervous nellie, it isn't that scary over there! Teotijuacan (sp?) is right there that a lot of people go to, along with the Farmer's Market, Tampico, Chicago beef. Now don't get me wrong, it isn't exactly a scenic drive, but its not that rough.

I always feel like Rambo when I see people whine about how rough neighborhoods are that I hang out in. :)

Speaking of which, rps, did you get that house over there on Cordell sold?

Yes that one sold finally. I had it sold once before and it fell apart due to financing but we got another deal on it that went through.

Oh quit your belly-achin' nervous nellie, it isn't that scary over there! Teotijuacan (sp?) is right there that a lot of people go to, along with the Farmer's Market, Tampico, Chicago beef. Now don't get me wrong, it isn't exactly a scenic drive, but its not that rough.

It is BAD over there....way too close to the lovely ghetto on the other side of the loop. Have you seen the Jack in the Box in the morning? Bum central. In fact, there's so many bums over there they're resorting to sitting out in the center of lanes on Airline.

It is BAD over there....way too close to the lovely ghetto on the other side of the loop.

What does that matter? Don't you know true inner loopers don't concern themselves with what lays just beyond that circular ribbon of concrete? B)

What does that matter? Don't you know true inner loopers don't concern themselves with what lays just beyond that circular ribbon of concrete? B)

Proximity to the ghetto matters plenty. Just ask the folks who live over in the eastern end of Garden Oaks....you know...the part of Garden Oaks that abuts Yale. Houses in that section get broken into with far more regularity than those on the other side of Shepherd.

Proximity to the ghetto matters plenty. Just ask the folks who live over in the eastern end of Garden Oaks....you know...the part of Garden Oaks that abuts Yale. Houses in that section get broken into with far more regularity than those on the other side of Shepherd.

So it is as bad an area as Garden Oaks. Okay. ;)

Well, I can safely say, no one is going to purchase that home after reading through this list of responses. It is "reduced price" for a reason. I am sure the current owners that bought into the neighboring Perry homes back in 2003 are ticked off at the price of this home, because I am sure their investments have been pull down as well.

Unless there is some future neighborhood improvement plan, new developments, or maybe the light rail goes nearby, it seems like a bad investment.

Is this considered one of the "wards"; maybe the 6th one?

Well, I can safely say, no one is going to purchase that home after reading through this list of responses. It is "reduced price" for a reason. I am sure the current owners that bought into the neighboring Perry homes back in 2003 are ticked off at the price of this home, because I am sure their investments have been pull down as well.

Unless there is some future neighborhood improvement plan, new developments, or maybe the light rail goes nearby, it seems like a bad investment.

Is this considered one of the "wards"; maybe the 6th one?

It is not a ward, certainly no where close to the 6th ward, that is between Memorial and Washington Avenue, this is between N. Main and 20th.

It might discourage some people's interest if they take jm1fd's assessment as fact. Of course if it is, I guess that means everyone who has been to the farmers market is taking their life in their hands, and Norhill is just as bad since it is only a couple of blocks from there, and of course Garden Oaks is a crime riddled hell hole to boot.

Most people are smart enough to decipher fact from fiction & decide for themselves. Heavy emphasis on most.

The market is not good right now for resale town homes. Price reductions are not uncommon. I have been anticipating that happening for a while. If the people who bought in there in 2003 are not happy with the appreciation/investment, they have plenty of company. There are a lot of foreclosures in the town home market driving down prices. There are also a lot of bargain shoppers taking advantage of this window of opportunity though.

I don't like Perry townhomes, and there are a lot of things about them that are not appealing to me personally, but of all the things someone could say about this particular one, the location being all that bad is not one that I would consider legitimate.

It might discourage some people's interest if they take jm1fd's assessment as fact. Of course if it is, I guess that means everyone who has been to the farmers market is taking their life in their hands, and Norhill is just as bad since it is only a couple of blocks from there, and of course Garden Oaks is a crime riddled hell hole to boot.

Would you care to come forward with some actual facts to the contrary about Garden Oaks? I read the Garden Oaks mailing list. The majority of the burglaries and suspiscious activity complaints posted to the mailing list pertain to the section(s) of GO which are east of Shepherd. Nearer the ghetto.

Want to live in the Heights?? I have a 2 bedroom 2 bath townhouse that was built in late 2003 by Perry Homes. It has 1,467 sq feet.

PRICE REDUCED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Excellent condition. Just minutes to Downtown and the Medical Center. Great location with easy access to the freeways. Huge Master Bedroom and walk-in closets.

http://search.har.com/engine/doSearch.cfm?...&FOR_SALE=1

If the link doesn't work, go to www.har.com and enter in MLS # 1339147 or enter in the address (1727 Redwing Ridge).

Also available for rent at $1,250.

Call or Email me if you have any questions.

t_le32@hotmail.com

Is this in the Heights? I didn't realize this area was.

Is this in the Heights? I didn't realize this area was.

I'd say it is the Heights by general area association, but it is nowhere near the prettier part of the Heights that she is likely trying to convey.

Would you care to come forward with some actual facts to the contrary about Garden Oaks? I read the Garden Oaks mailing list. The majority of the burglaries and suspiscious activity complaints posted to the mailing list pertain to the section(s) of GO which are east of Shepherd. Nearer the ghetto.

You can look at HPD's crime stats and see that the major thoroughfares of Shepherd/Durham and the North Loop have higher incidences of crime. It is not the ghetto, but the major through streets that are the problem. North Main, by comparison, is relatively tame, even if it might appear to some that it is older and dirtier.

jm, not to pick on you, but anecdotal evidence is rarely a good indicator of crime. Having lived in the area for awhile, I find the mindset of the residents dictates how bad THEY think crime is. Some residents take the occasional stolen bike or car burglary as part of the fabric of inner city life, yet some will see an older model Ford driving down the street as evidence that the neighborhood is under seige. Only a comparison of statistics will clear up the diametrically opposed viewpoints.

There is an old saying about the economy that can be stolen and applied here. They say that when your neighbor loses his job, we are in a recession. When you lose your job, it is a depression. Well, when a neighbor's car is burgled, the crime rate is up. When your car is burgled, the neighborhood has gone to hell. The point is that some people overstate things. Just look at the thread about crime in the Woodlands for an example.

Back to the townhome. A friend of mine looked at the house rps had listed on Cordell. This is merely 2 or 3 blocks from the townhome. My friend currently lives 2 or 3 blocks south of N. Main, and the house and townhome are 2 or 3 blocks north of N. Main. We talked to the neighbors and drove the streets. They all raved about how quiet the hood was. The perception does not match the reality, which means that you can get a better deal in this area than across Main in the Heights. I also looked up the crime stats, and they did not show cause for alarm.

Frankly, when uninformed comments are posted....such as puma's being off by 4 miles....it is easy to see why perception and reality do not match.

Archived