The Great Babe Ruth In Houston

Well baseball season is finally here, hurray! The steroid issue was shelved with the crack of a bat as fans get ready for hopes of a pennant. I thought it might be fun to have a contest revolving around one of my vintage baseball images. Ok here is the deal! This is a photograph of Babe Ruth taken at the Houston city Auditorium. He was in town to give a talk to the Kiwanis Club "Knot Hole Gang" boys group. This group was made up of boys who could not afford to go to the baseball games. Babe Ruth came to Houston on several occasions but I am looking for the date of this appearance. Hint, this gathering was not in the 1940's. I will give the first five folks who give me the correct date of this event a set of seven poster's from my gallery. These posters depict vintage scenes of Houston Texas from the 1920's and 1930's. That's $140.00 worth of cool posters for the correct answer. Please send your guesses to 2616 Fondren, Houston, Texas 77063 or email me from my web. The contest will run through July 1st. Good Luck!

Babe%20ruth%20Group.jpg

Babe%20Ruth%20City%20Aud%20Boys.jpg

MEET THE KNOT HOLE GANG - HOUSTON TEXAS 19??

• The title was changed to The Great Babe Ruth In Houston