Iron Chef Japan Is Back

editor

Woo hoo! I just saw this on HAIF banner -- Iron Chef Japan is coming back to American TV. It'll be on the Fine Living channel this time. I don't know if I get FLN, but if I do I'm setting the DVR to record it now.

Yep, it turns out I do get FLN after all. Who knew? Now if only I could get The Travel Channel. That's the channel I miss most since getting stupid Comcast.

Woo hoo! I just saw this on HAIF banner -- Iron Chef Japan is coming back to American TV. It'll be on the Fine Living channel this time. I don't know if I get FLN, but if I do I'm setting the DVR to record it now.

Yep, it turns out I do get FLN after all. Who knew? Now if only I could get The Travel Channel. That's the channel I miss most since getting stupid Comcast.

Glad it will return!

I agree. I love Alton Brown, I have learned a lot from him. But the original with the frantic floor reporter just had a way of making the thing seem way more intense. Some things are better dubbed.

Yeah, and their voice-over countdown seemed more urgent. In general, I liked the voices they chose for the Japanese celebrities because you knew they didn't really sound like that in person.

I also liked the Japanese actresses and actors who would comment on the dishes of squid intestines, etc. They are truly a hardy people when it comes to food.

Stupid Comcast in Houston gets The Travel Channel. I think we get an HD version of it, too.

Because you're still riding on the old Time-Warner contract. Wait until that runs out.

There are online petitions in most markets where Comcast has operations to add The Travel Channel. I suspect the big reason Comcast doesn't carry it is because it's owned by Cox. Strangely, Cox systems I've been on have had no trouble carrying Comcast's E.

• The title was changed to Iron Chef Japan Is Back