For Sale~ Unrestricted East End High raised cottage

This one is a bit different. It sits just off Lockwood, right across from the proposed Lovett Commercial developments there at the old Stewart & Stevenson site. Its also just a half block from the proposed metro rail line. How that will impact things in that area, if/when it all comes to fruition is anyone's guess., but I can't help but think there is a lot of upside potential. The house itself has some good bones, it is very livable although much needs to be done any way you cut it.

519 Forest

Poor old house. The remuddlers have just completely had their way with it. :huh:

Cute house at a great price. Maybe I just like old houses, but it looks very comfortable. Good furnishings could make all the difference, but I just like this old cottage style.

Poor old house. The remuddlers have just completely had their way with it. :huh:

The house looks cute from the outside. I would have used the same taupe color on the skirting. Inside: Does Pergo have any stock left?

What's disturbing about the listing is how much the house being pushed as an "investment" (last pic) versus a place to live. The way I look at it is Eastwood is following the same upward curve as the Heights. (There has been some discussion on the HAIF about when the sushi joints move in.) However, if investors not residents dictate the future of the area, it could take a very different path.

The house looks cute from the outside. I would have used the same taupe color on the skirting. Inside: Does Pergo have any stock left?

What's disturbing about the listing is how much the house being pushed as an "investment" (last pic) versus a place to live. The way I look at it is Eastwood is following the same upward curve as the Heights. (There has been some discussion on the HAIF about when the sushi joints move in.) However, if investors not residents dictate the future of the area, it could take a very different path.

This house is not in Eastwood proper, but basically adjacent to it. If things play out as proposed it will be directly across the street from a fairly good size retail center. I don't know what is so "disturbing" about promoting the investment potential of a house in the middle of a commercial area, which is basically where this one is. Certainly it has value as strictly a residential property but either way the proposed development across the street is a huge factor in the future of this property. There is nothing disturbing about focusing on that. In fact as the listing agent it would be kind of stupid not to.

Maybe I should put more emphasis on recent laminate floors as a sales pitch?

And yes, I thought to myself when I put it on there, how long will it take jm1fd to say something about the interior finishes? ;)

True, they are not what many of us would have picked, but it does make it where the house could be very livable while you redid another part of the house to your own tastes. Unlike a lot of the redo houses I have sold in Eastwood proper, you could live in this one from day one and do work on it over time. When people see the ones, for example, Bill England has done over, they look so good many times people don't realize that most were just rooms with shiplap and much of the woodwork had to be "created" in them, walls moved, tile pulled off of hardwoods, etc. Many would require extensive work before you could ever really spend the night in them. This property is definitely a redo with lots of potential, the stuff like pergo can be removed. Try going into a mid-century modern that has had $.49 tile slathered over the poured terrazzo, now that is a flooring project.

However, if investors not residents dictate the future of the area, it could take a very different path.

Unforunately some of the residents want everything that isn't in eastwood proper dozed. so the results may be very similar.

This house is not in Eastwood proper, but basically adjacent to it. If things play out as proposed it will be directly across the street from a fairly good size retail center. I don't know what is so "disturbing" about promoting the investment potential of a house in the middle of a commercial area, which is basically where this one is. Certainly it has value as strictly a residential property but either way the proposed development across the street is a huge factor in the future of this property. There is nothing disturbing about focusing on that. In fact as the listing agent it would be kind of stupid not to.
Unforunately some of the residents want everything that isn't in eastwood proper dozed. so the results may be very similar.

So, educate me...this is a doze lot? 9000 sf is really decent for a home, but a little tight for commercial use. What's the shake out?

So, educate me...this is a doze lot? 9000 sf is really decent for a home, but a little tight for commercial use. What's the shake out?

I went to some of the METRO meetings regarding the Harrisburg line, surprising to hear that the "historically conscious" of eastwood want everything north of Harrisburg dozed. i.e. the latins are holding em back. was quite humorous

I went to some of the METRO meetings regarding the Harrisburg line, surprising to hear that the "historically conscious" of eastwood want everything north of Harrisburg dozed. i.e. the latins are holding em back. was quite humorous

um, 'indigenous' is the preferred term. :D

There are worse re-muddles in the East End. Besides, most of the interior finishes could be easily changed.

I also think the house looks very comfortable with nicely proportioned rooms. It's a good "starting point" for someone looking for a cosmetic redo that's livable.

Reminds me of the fight over the Harrisburg Freeway. TXDot declared that the neighborhoods north and south of Harrisburg were so different that no one would mind a 550 foot-wide trenched freeway separating them. Wrong!

Archived