Houston Beer

Has anyone tried the new Saint Arnold Citrus Shandy?

Beer description from SA's website:

https://www.saintarnold.com/citrus-shandy/

Our Citrus Shandy is a pale lager mixed with a lemonade and grapefruit soda. The aroma presents itself with a citrus burst of lemon and grapefruit, with a slight floral note. Flavors of lemon and grapefruit play perfectly with the subtle notes of a light, refreshing beer.

It's crazy good! Tastes like a carbonated, alcoholic Sprite.  The beer is low in ABV, clocking in at 4.5% ABV.  I was hoping that would mean lower calories, but if the beer is made from soda, it would have a high sugar and calorie count.

This beer would be perfect in the Houston summers! Walking around a park or by the poolside. Maybe at TMC Helix Park!

Their pic:

gg6ayT8.jpeg

My pic:

du0wrJr.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saint Arnold has helped me expand my beer pallet.  I was just about the IPAs but now I can appreciate other beer styles such as Bocks, Pislners, Stouts, and Ambers.  IPAs are great, but there is much more beer out there.

Nothing like a crisp, bubbly, summer Pislner.

My picture:

wOl5LHs.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Saint Arnold's 30th Anniversary Grand Cru.

https://www.saintarnold.com/30th-anniversary-grand-cru/

Our 30th Anniversary Grand Cru is a culmination of our most ambitious endeavors in barrel aged beer. At the core, it’s our Commitment Imperial Stout, which we aged in a variety of different bourbon and whiskey barrels for different durations – between two and four years. The barrels were then blended into sweet and fortified wine barrels: Madeira, Tokaji, and Tawny Port for additional aging. Finally, these barrels were blended a second time to create our Grand Cru.

The final beer, coming in at 16.8% ABV, is an homage to opulence – something truly special to commemorate 30 years of brewing superb beer.

I just opened the beer. Cheers HAIF!

rJ0FOjV.jpeg

• Like 1