2007 Home sales

musicman

I have a copy of the Greenwood King Houston market report and they compare 1/01/08-3/3/08 to 1/01/07 to 3/31/07 and it gives a totally different picture than the Chronicle's article which compares 2006 and 2007. For instance, the average days on market in Southampton area has gone up 439%.

Wow our area is up almost 20%. So much for the housing crisis.

I have a copy of the Greenwood King Houston market report and they compare 1/01/08-3/3/08 to 1/01/07 to 3/31/07 and it gives a totally different picture than the Chronicle's article which compares 2006 and 2007. For instance, the average days on market in Southampton area has gone up 439%.

Well, we have a mix around here. Some sell the first day, most within two weeks, but there are few that sit for over 2 months. Most of those are homes that haven't been touched. Most people aren't willing to put the time and money into a house whose purchase price is already high. What saves us is SBISD, most people can't afford the big house and private school these days.

FYI, we have two families moving into our hood from the West U area next month. I'm wondering if people are wanting more land and space now.

the average days on market still isn't bad in Southampton....it's just not 5 days like it was this time last year.

Average DOM for Solds in "Southampton" so far in 08 is 69.9.

I threw out 2124 Quenby because it was on the market 634 days. I also didn't search for any of the surrounding subdivisions, just "Southampton".

It's just like any neighorhood with demand. Nicer houses sell quick and average houses sell in the average amount of time.

For what it's worth, the average DOM for the currently pending listings is 56.75

flipper

Well, we have a mix around here. Some sell the first day, most within two weeks, but there are few that sit for over 2 months. Most of those are homes that haven't been touched. Most people aren't willing to put the time and money into a house whose purchase price is already high. What saves us is SBISD, most people can't afford the big house and private school these days.

FYI, we have two families moving into our hood from the West U area next month. I'm wondering if people are wanting more land and space now.

More than likely, they cashed out of their houses. Or they don't want to pay the ridiculous taxes hcad is charging them.

the chron's out with the latest info on home prices/sales. see where your hood falls.

HCAD used to release individual sales from HAR for the previous year, but thanks to a recent TX legislature bill, they cannot. This is HCAD responding to the question of whether they'd be releasing 2007 data:

No.

HB 2188, a new Texas law that became effective June 18, 2007, makes confidential any information about properties that an appraisal district obtained from private sources. Because of this change in law, we are no longer able to display on this website property sales information we have obtained from private sources.

If you file for a protest online, sales & evidence HCAD uses should be available online about 15-20 days before hearing date.

Irritating--you can't have sales, unless you are exercising your legal right to protest, in which case you CAN have sales. You can't have it both ways, folks!

More than likely, they cashed out of their houses. Or they don't want to pay the ridiculous taxes hcad is charging them.

HCAD doesn't charge taxes - that's up to the taxing jurisdictions. HCAD merely tries to apply the "correct" appraisal to the property.

Archived