Any opinions/experiences with Reuther Townhomes?

tle

• 5 months later...

Hi Y'all

I was wondering if anyone has any experince with this builder, or knows someone who has brought a Reuther Townhome in the Camp Logan/ Rice Military area(s)???

If so, what did you think?

I can't seem to find out "anything" ( good or bad) about this company---are they "pretty new to the area", did they used to build under another name, ect.

I always like to know a bit ( actually alot!) about a builder before I give any serious consideration to a purchase---and of course--I am aware that I can most likely contact the builder myself with my questions--- but the best information is "Always" thru those who have had personal experinces.....

Alot of new construction in the Houston area just doesn't "hold-up" over time ( by that, I mean that it was not correctly built in the first place-- and sooner, or later--in my experince usually the sooner than later---these problems rear their ugly head---and you are in one big money pit- and you can really just forget about any follow-thru with many builders---since you really have no recourse what so-ever against the builder with the TRCC--- it's not a pretty story-- and I don't want to become another statistic--LOL!)

I'm aware of the rough climate conditions and what it can do to a house in the Houston area---so that is not what I am concerned about here---I am concerned about purchasing a "Well built home", all things considered................................and this person is pretty darn good about maintaining a place. So no problems there.

Any stories, experinces appreciated!!! and Thank-You in advance!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, almost a month, and no replies? Do I have "Bad Breath", or something? (LOL!)

Nobody at all has had any experince with this builder?

I know they also started a new group of townhomes in Camp Logan area

Somebody must know somebody........It's a small world, y'all!!

Hey, almost a month, and no replies? Do I have "Bad Breath", or something? (LOL!)

Nobody at all has had any experince with this builder?

I know they also started a new group of townhomes in Camp Logan area

Somebody must know somebody........It's a small world, y'all!!

I'm curious as to why a builder would take so long to complete a project. I'm thinking of their condos on Lovette Blvd. and the CityView lofts downtown. I think it's been over a year for each one.

• 3 months later...
Wanted to bump this..

Does anyone still not know anything about Reuther Homes?

I tried to buy one of the Lovett townhomes - was supposed to move in Nov, 2006 - he still hasnt finished them....he kept saying 3 more months, 3 more months....they still aren't done - he would not sign contract extensions, little to no communication, by far the worst home buying experience I have ever had - needless to say, I bought elsewhere...

Edited by u080570

• 5 months later...
I suppose no news is good news when it comes to builder opinions on the internet..

Still no opinions other than they are taking a long time to build the condos?

I'm curious about these guys as well, as they just started on some townhomes a couple of blocks away (on Branard). Well, "started" as in poured the foundations a few weeks back. I'm assuming they're keeping it slow due to the current market and apparent glut of high-priced townhomes around this area? Not sure about their other projects

From their website, they don't appear to be that large of a player...might explain the lack of feedback here

Edited by OkieEric

I suppose no news is good news when it comes to builder opinions on the internet..

Still no opinions other than they are taking a long time to build the condos?

The builder still has not refunded my money from a canceled contract - they told me they would back in September....now it's almost February and nothing....will be taking them to court in a couple weeks if I dont have my money.....

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure about their homes, but their real-estate agent representing the property in Montrose- Todd Partridge is a capital pain in the ***. I called to inquire about their property, to which he told me to get a real estate agent, and have the agent ask him for information. When I got a real estate agent, and she inquired about the property- he told her he would answer her questions later and brushed her off. So we are both turned off by him and completely took that condo off my list. I wish there was a way to go through the builders themselves to get information :mellow:

I'm not sure about their homes, but their real-estate agent representing the property in Montrose- Todd Partridge is a capital pain in the ***. I called to inquire about their property, to which he told me to get a real estate agent, and have the agent ask him for information. When I got a real estate agent, and she inquired about the property- he told her he would answer her questions later and brushed her off. So we are both turned off by him and completely took that condo off my list. I wish there was a way to go through the builders themselves to get information :mellow:

The condos in the Montrose are like CityView Lofts downtown near Minute Maid Park. They have been under construction for 2 or 3 years. Kinda' makes you wonder.

The condos in the Montrose are like CityView Lofts downtown near Minute Maid Park. They have been under construction for 2 or 3 years. Kinda' makes you wonder.

I am currently taking the builder to court for not returning my money after these units were not finished. Worst home buying experience with a builder that I have ever had - there is another thread on here about them (Reuther)

• 1 month later...

just wondering if anyone has heard anything new about Reuther Homes and/or about the Lovett Condos? Is Reuther Homes really finished? I've actually looked at the condos a couple of times now and it looks like construction has resumed, but is said to be completed in late May or early June.

Any thoughts?

it's a strange situation. They still have some listings on HAR but it doesn't seem that they starting any new projects. They also haven't come close to finishing their project in Rice Military. I noticed yesterday that they're having an open house for the project but I don't know if they've finished any of the units. They may have finished a couple but there are six or so units that are just rotting in the plywood stage.

My guess is they're tapped out and hoping to sell some existing inventory so they can afford to complete the other units. Either way, not a great situation.

it's a strange situation. They still have some listings on HAR but it doesn't seem that they starting any new projects. They also haven't come close to finishing their project in Rice Military. I noticed yesterday that they're having an open house for the project but I don't know if they've finished any of the units. They may have finished a couple but there are six or so units that are just rotting in the plywood stage.

My guess is they're tapped out and hoping to sell some existing inventory so they can afford to complete the other units. Either way, not a great situation.

diggity,

Have you shown any of their existing inventory to clients (6 pack on Floyd, Museum District ones)? Do you know of any particular reasons their properties aren't garnering any interest? Just curious since I am seeing other new constructions getting bought around them.

diggity,

Have you shown any of their existing inventory to clients (6 pack on Floyd, Museum District ones)? Do you know of any particular reasons their properties aren't garnering any interest? Just curious since I am seeing other new constructions getting bought around them.

My lawyer says there are at least 2 lawsuits against them - soon to be another one (mine)

Projects were never finished and they dont refund money to people when the contracts expire. I would stay far away from them

Edited by u080570

• 4 weeks later...

This is real estate broker Todd Partridge responding directly to the negative post made by "Nurseced" on Feb 15th about her experience. It does not make sense that I would tell any prospective buyer to get their own agent. I make twice the amount if I work with both the buyer and seller on a transaction. I sell 40% of my own listings and have never had an unhappy buyer or seller while working with both sides in 13 years. If, however, a buyer already has an agent and contacts me directly, it is certainly proper protocol for me to discuss matters directly with their realtor. I wasn't voted number one realtor in Houston two years in a row for being anything other than professional and honest.

Good news about the Lovett Condos Project... a new project team has taken over and Reuther Homes is not involved anymore. This project is not related to anything else with the Reuther name on it. Things are rocking and rolling and should be ready for move-in in July. Regarding the quality of the project, I feel very comfortable with the concrete and steel construction (other mid-rises are nothing but wood). The fixtures, GE stainless appliances, and all the sheetrock, sound insulation and everything going into this project is of good quality. I'm buying one myself. Having represented and sold countless new construction projects in Houston over the last 13 years, I know that Lovett Place Condos is going to turn out an excellent quality property that I will be proud to have been associated with. You can find more details and plans about the Lovett project at www.toddpartridge.com :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reuther Homes is hurting bad. They owe a lot of money; the Web site is down; the voice mail is always full and the phone is rarely answered. Anyway, the company owes Houston contractors so much money that warranties are not even being respected on the homes Reuther has built.

Reuther Homes is hurting bad. They owe a lot of money; the Web site is down; the voice mail is always full and the phone is rarely answered. Anyway, the company owes Houston contractors so much money that warranties are not even being respected on the homes Reuther has built.

The Reuther development on W. 25th street that was built in 2007 and is fully occupied still does not have final inspections completed. The home owners receive notices from the city of Houston regarding the inspections. All the contractors are owed several thousands of dollars. According to the City of Houston, some of the homes did not get their permament gas meters tested, some lack plumbing inspections or none have their final inspections closed out.

Could anyone provide any suggestions on how the home owners' could get their final inspections completed?

• 7 months later...

CityView Lofts are under construction again with some listings on har. Any information available on CityView coming back to life would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

The Reuther development on W. 25th street that was built in 2007 and is fully occupied still does not have final inspections completed. The home owners receive notices from the city of Houston regarding the inspections. All the contractors are owed several thousands of dollars. According to the City of Houston, some of the homes did not get their permament gas meters tested, some lack plumbing inspections or none have their final inspections closed out.

Could anyone provide any suggestions on how the home owners' could get their final inspections completed?

Which development is Reuther? I am curious as I live near them.