How do you get rid of fleas?!

inthehotsun

I seem to never fully get rid of fleas. My dog constantly gets them even when I put Advantage (flea control) on him. I also sometimes get them when I sit outside in my backyard.

And it's not even that hot!!

Any remedies? What can I do to control them?

Fleas suck! Are you using Advantage Multi or just Advantage? The former appears to work really well (on cats, at least).

There are yard treatments. Never used any myself. I think there's one in a dust form (Weighs on the fleas??).

Edited by Porchman

in case they come inside go buy cyper wp. put a scoop in water and you won't have ANYTHING survive (roaches, fleas, etc). this stuff is the bomb! i sprayed last summer and it is still working. i know stores on beamer.....and on bissonnet stock it, however the name of the store escapes me. it is fairly expensive..but well worth it. pm me and i'll get off my butt and look up the name...

EDIT: solutions inc is the name of the store.

Edited by musicman

in case they come inside go buy cyper wp. put a scoop in water and you won't have ANYTHING survive (roaches, fleas, etc). this stuff is the bomb! i sprayed last summer and it is still working. i know stores on beamer.....and on bissonnet stock it, however the name of the store escapes me. it is fairly expensive..but well worth it. pm me and i'll get off my butt and look up the name...

EDIT: solutions inc is the name of the store.

Our yard in the WOodlands was INFESTED when we moved in. 1/4 Lemon Joy, 1/4 Hartz Flea shampoo and 1/2 water in a yard sprayer. I used the Miracle grow one. Spray/Soap the ENTIRE backyard. Grass, trees, bushes and soil. It works like a charm.

For inside....yeah, they brought them in despite being on Sentinal., put down poweder laundry detergent and sweep in into the rugs. Let it sit for a few hours and then vacuum up.

The soap dehydrates the bastards and weighs them down so they can't hop.

Anyway, I did this once and never had a problem again. I had never seen anything like it, it was beyond gross to walk outside.

Edited by KatieDidIt

Our yard in the WOodlands was INFESTED when we moved in. 1/4 Lemon Joy, 1/4 Hartz Flea shampoo and 1/2 water in a yard sprayer. I used the Miracle grow one. Spray/Soap the ENTIRE backyard. Grass, trees, bushes and soil. It works like a charm.

For inside....yeah, they brought them in despite being on Sentinal., put down poweder laundry detergent and sweep in into the rugs. Let it sit for a few hours and then vacuum up.

The soap dehydrates the bastards and weighs them down so they can't hop.

Anyway, I did this once and never had a problem again. I had never seen anything like it, it was beyond gross to walk outside.

I am going to copy and print your advice in BIG BOLD letters.

My damned neighbors dogs invite fleas at an alarming rate and of course they come over to our side. There are some people that seem to not attract somehow? but them bastards love me! I keep thinking it's my blood or whatever? Can't blame it on cologne (wish). I hate fleas! I will put on a bilboard if I could!

Thanks for the advice too.... :)

I seem to never fully get rid of fleas. My dog constantly gets them even when I put Advantage (flea control) on him. I also sometimes get them when I sit outside in my backyard.

And it's not even that hot!!

Any remedies? What can I do to control them?

Get rid of the dog!!