Port Arthur, TX Mod Neighborhood

Toulouse

I went to Port Arthur for the first time in my life Saturday. Just as you enter the town, there is a beautiful mod hood on both sides of Hwy 96. I rode around for about 20 minutes and it was amazing....flat roofs, butterfly roofs, no windows, cool doors. There really weren't any houses that had been violated on the outside very badly and most of the yards were well kept. If you are ever in that part of Texas it's definitely worth checking out. I can't think of a neighborhood in Houston to compare this one too, but it most similiar to Cayton in Glenbrook althought the houses in this Port Arthur hood are more atomic and the yards are larger.

We have been talking about roadtripping out there for the day to see the Rauschenberg pieces at the Museum of the Gulf Coast. Is there anything else interesting to add to a road trip between here and there? Port Arthur, Orange, Beaumont, anywhere else on or off the beaten path? Also, do you remember any more specifics about the neighbor (street names/subdivision name)?

• The title was changed to Port Arthur, TX Mod Neighborhood

Archived