Kendall Library At 14330 Memorial Dr.

KatieDidIt

Sorry, I know the subject was touched on somewhere but I can't find it.

It was my understanding that the old library on Memorial, west of Kirkwood, was going to become a HPD sub-station for the western portions of this area. Is this plan nixed or when will it happen? I'd love to see more HPD coverage in the area, they seem to let the constables handle everything. They do a very good job, but I think HPD needs to be here too, not always wrangling in Katrinaville up on Briar Forest. And boy were they cracking down yesterday.

I saw three police cars with lights on, two others circling, and the same thing when I drove back. 5 cars in such a concetrated area is rare.

Then I decided maybe I don't need to drive that way again for a while.

I don't know if its true or not, I do think having a small substation would be a good idea.

The thing to consider though, right now, as short handed as they are; they need to concentrate on where the crime truly is. Once they do that, they would be able to catch the actual perps to prevent other crimes that would eventually reach in your neck of the woods. They have done this tactic in the past (even before Katrina) and have had success in reducing crime in the area.

So by their working in the briar forest area, they are helping to prevent crime to spilling over in your paradise.

I don't know if its true or not, I do think having a small substation would be a good idea.

The thing to consider though, right now, as short handed as they are; they need to concentrate on where the crime truly is. Once they do that, they would be able to catch the actual perps to prevent other crimes that would eventually reach in your neck of the woods. They have done this tactic in the past (even before Katrina) and have had success in reducing crime in the area.

So by their working in the briar forest area, they are helping to prevent crime to spilling over in your paradise.

Yeah, I understand that but we are having some minor problems. Minor in comparison to other neighborhoods in Houston. Day time break-ins and lots of car break-ins over on the north side of Memorial. Last Wednesday they hit 20 cars in one day. The quick access to the freeway must make that attractive.

I just think having a substation there, whether they heavily patrol this area or another, would help some of the parts around Tully and deter this minor, but growing in frequency, crime.

Ps- I hope your "paradise" commit wasn't snide. No place is perfect. But one can love where they live and want it to be more void of theft.

Didn't mean to make it snarky, there was humor (or my definition of it) intended.

Car break ins are so common, police barely take note of them anymore. I had my car broken into on Tuesday. Sucked it up, purchased a new lock and handle and moved on after I filed a report. (wished the little *astards would have broken my window instead, it would have been easier/faster to replace. I need to leave them a memo.) Crime is always around, but when it happens to me, I don't complain about it.

But like I tell everyone else, if you want to keep your car being broken into, park in the garage.

Didn't mean to make it snarky, there was humor (or my definition of it) intended.

Car break ins are so common, police barely take note of them anymore. I had my car broken into on Tuesday. Sucked it up, purchased a new lock and handle and moved on after I filed a report. (wished the little *astards would have broken my window instead, it would have been easier/faster to replace. I need to leave them a memo.) Crime is always around, but when it happens to me, I don't complain about it.

But like I tell everyone else, if you want to keep your car being broken into, park in the garage.

Thank you.

Most people do park in the garage, I love this area for that. Its the teens who leave the vehicles on the street when visiting and its mostly their vehicles getting hit and some even held up at gun point lately. These thugs are getting more brazen in the past few months, finding out that we are not covered that well and easy pickings. That's my main concern. Our specific neighborhood has patrol and we haven't been effected...yet.

• The title was changed to Western Memorial New Sub-Police Station
  • The title was changed to Kendall Library At 14330 Memorial Dr.

Archived