Cab Fight!

ricco67

I was in downtown late last night and was leaving a clients place. I had just called for a cab and had reached downstairs (with luggage) and saw a yellow cab heading in my direction. Two other cabs (Generics) saw me and swerved in my direction and almost crashed into each other and were actually saying they saw me first. The Yellow cab swerved around them called me by name and hopped in.

I almost wanted to see what the outcome of the fight would be. I think next time I'm hailing a cab instead.

Nice! haha.

I tried (not very hard) to get a taxi downtown a few weeks ago - it was late and the streets were empty, and at least two on-duty unoccupied taxis passed me by. I guess they're just not used to seeing people wanting a ride...

Nice! haha.

I tried (not very hard) to get a taxi downtown a few weeks ago - it was late and the streets were empty, and at least two on-duty unoccupied taxis passed me by. I guess they're just not used to seeing people wanting a ride...

Nah...they just know trouble when they see it. ;)

Anyone else have the experience of having a cab driver claim "the meter is broken"? or one that sets the meter three mintues before picking you up, so that it's alreading clicking to the next price jump even before you've closed your door?

No thanks, I'll walk.