Author Of Holocaust Biography Admits Her Book Is Fake

VicMan

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/books/02/2...x.ap/index.html

It took awhile for people to find out but now people know that this story is fake.

This lady, "Misha Defonseca" claimed that after the Nazis took her Jewish parents she walked around Europe alone with wolves. Instead, she was Monique De Wael, a student living Brussels when her parents, Catholics who eventually resisted and were killed by Nazis. She suffered tragedies, but did she have to make up this farfetched account?

And here is a Slate article about it - http://www.slate.com/id/2185493/

Honestly, the original story sounds more interesting than the made up account (wolves?! gimmie a break now!), lots of people don't know that non Jews, such as Catholics and blacks were killed by Nazis during the Holocaust as well.

Edited by JLWM8609

Honestly, the original story sounds more interesting than the made up account (wolves?! gimmie a break now!), lots of people don't know that non Jews, such as Catholics and blacks were killed by Nazis during the Holocaust as well.

That makes me wonder why she had to lie about it in the first place.

If she A. marketed the wolf story as fiction and/or B. wrote her real story about herself, she would have more respect. If she did A and B and if she didn't get into that fallout with the publisher (I look down at the parties for getting into the legal case) she would have a lot of respect; she would have my respect.